Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went old school with the mud flaps

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 02:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 261 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
Thanks for the tire info mate. The setup looks looks great. I've still not spied you either.

My Defender can't arrive soon enough. My current ride is less than noteworthy. Up in Mt. Baker area or the past few days. A forest road got a bit too gnarly for my 2WD ride. 10ply or bust here I reckon.

Which forum BTW?

Quit while I was ahead 2 miles shy of the trailhead. TFL woes to be avoided with no spare.

Check out that departure angle and beefy sidewall

She's on her way. Go n'eirí an bothar leí!

Sorry for hijacking the thread BTW.
That is awesome, What Trail were you heading to? What FS road? I am on Facebook New Defender Owner and that is where I saw you.

Can't wait till you get it. We need to get a PACNW group together out on the trail, once you get it.

The following users liked this post:
GavinC (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 03:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,345 Likes on 963 Posts

Originally Posted by ADVAW8S
That is awesome, What Trail were you heading to? What FS road? I am on Facebook New Defender Owner and that is where I saw you.

Can't wait till you get it. We need to get a PACNW group together out on the trail, once you get it.
I think it’s called Twin Lakes Road. A turn off north of 542 at the ranger station. (Might not be a ranger station) Really well maintained road up to Yellow Astor Butte TH. We were headed for High Pass Trail head 2 miles further on at Twin Lakes.

With the weather closing in and the road getting ever more washed out and pointy I turned it around.

second choice trail was fun too.

I’ve got a growing list of tracks I want to explore. I’m sure you know far more than I.

October should bring plenty of mud and dirt to christen the new ride.

Could be an interesting side by side comparison (for science and the thread ) seeing the splatter pattern on the Defenders with and without the flaps.

Im not on that forum you mentioned. At least I don’t remember ever using it.