2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Colour Defender

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 02:33 PM
Mudding
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

There is probably a better place to post, but add one vote in favor of Pangea. Tasman was a close second, but the Khaki interior just sat better for me with Pangea. Here it is fresh with Stealth Xpel.

The following 2 users liked this post by rakusak:
3rs (05-03-2023), jusmax88 (05-04-2023)
Old 05-02-2023, 07:37 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Love the Pangea with Khaki interior! In fact, I'll go so far as to say the Pangea is the only color the khaki interior works with. For me, the tossup was between Pangea w/ khaki or Tasman blue with ebony. After weeks of agonizing over this I finally went with Tasman and ebony.

I secretly worry that the Tasman blue is the most common color, and also the most Subaru-esque. But what can I say? I love the way the Tasman blue looks with white roof and white steel wheels -- I followed my heart and have no regrets.

The following users liked this post:
GavinC (05-03-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 12:29 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,304 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Myron
Love the Pangea with Khaki interior! In fact, I'll go so far as to say the Pangea is the only color the khaki interior works with. For me, the tossup was between Pangea w/ khaki or Tasman blue with ebony. After weeks of agonizing over this I finally went with Tasman and ebony.

I secretly worry that the Tasman blue is the most common color, and also the most Subaru-esque. But what can I say? I love the way the Tasman blue looks with white roof and white steel wheels -- I followed my heart and have no regrets.
I love my Subafender

Blue is not too common round my way. From the initial lineup it's probably the color I see the least of. I do agree it has a Tonka truck vibe to it. Pretty much exactly what I look for in a play thing. I'm not very sophisticated.

Sadly no white steelies on mine. It's a crying shame they couldn't be spec'd.

A blue with a white roof passed me on the highway a few weeks back. Rolled the window down to say hello. We were all smiles and waves. Great fun.

The following 2 users liked this post by GavinC:
GrouseK9 (05-03-2023), Myron (05-03-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 01:11 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,255 Likes on 747 Posts

I went with Hibachi silver (yeah, I know the real name, but still...) because I thought it would "age the best". It's not the dumbest thought I've had, but the pastel like colors could have haunted me. Now that I've gotten used to them, I'm still not a fan of black. Not for me. For those who keep it in a garage, clean it frequently, put ceramic coatings or otherwise care for them - they look awesome! I just know having a black Defender would be a nightmare for me because I would rarely clean it. But, white has really grown on me as has the Pangea. But, if I had a chance for a do-over, I have to admit I am absolutely smitten (sorry, only word that appropriately describes how sappy I am over it)... I'm smitten by the Tasmanian Blue with a white roof. Personally, I haven't seen that many of them. In the flesh - one. But I've seen dozens of Pangea.

Like a professor once told me: it's like the color of toilet paper - everyone has a preference, but they all do the same job...

Old 05-03-2023, 06:23 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Our 23 P300 is ordered and due to arrive in late July, we went with Tasmine Blue, Black Contrast Roof, Steelies. Picked the black roof because we're getting a sunroof this time around and don't really like the way the black glass of the sunroof stands out against the white roof.

We saw a Carpathian and loved the matte gray finish with black hood and tail gate, so we're gonna try to duplicate it. The plan is to vinyl wrap the hood and tail gate black and swap out the white steelies for Lucky 8's black steelies. We really love our 21 P300, it's plenty of car for the adventures we take, after discussing ordering an X the boss convinced me that it would be kind of silly to pay an extra 30k+ for all the extras, when all I really want to add to P300 is the black hood/grill and black tail gate. Happy wife, happy life.

Old 05-05-2023, 03:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 234 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
I love my Subafender

Blue is not too common round my way. From the initial lineup it's probably the color I see the least of. I do agree it has a Tonka truck vibe to it. Pretty much exactly what I look for in a play thing. I'm not very sophisticated.

Sadly no white steelies on mine. It's a crying shame they couldn't be spec'd.

A blue with a white roof passed me on the highway a few weeks back. Rolled the window down to say hello. We were all smiles and waves. Great fun.

I categorically and respectfully disagree with your sophistication comment. 😊. I think your Tasman blue 110 exudes sophistication all over!

Tasman blue with white roof colorway is sophisticated, spunky, modern, and gorgeous!

The most common colors in my area is gray and white.

The following 2 users liked this post by sacharama:
GavinC (05-05-2023), WAFOX (05-05-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 04:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,304 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by sacharama
I categorically and respectfully disagree with your sophistication comment. 😊. I think your Tasman blue 110 exudes sophistication all over!

Tasman blue with white roof colorway is sophisticated, spunky, modern, and gorgeous!

The most common colors in my area is gray and white.

Fair enough. I've been called worse

The following 2 users liked this post by GavinC:
rcmike57 (05-06-2023), sacharama (05-05-2023)