Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Defender today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2024, 05:51 PM
Mudding
Received 71 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Seventh
Is that the OEM sunglass holder? Do you have a link either way? This is #1 on my "mod list", it drives me nuts that my 110S didn't come with one.

How was the install? (Sorry for all the questions, haha)
Yes, it is OEM. The install was super easy. Took me may 15 minutes. There is an install video as well.

https://huntersprestige.com/products...older-retrofit

Here is the link for the install video:

Last edited by D110Xd; 07-24-2024 at 06:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
curb-optional (07-31-2024)
Old 07-24-2024, 06:08 PM
Mudding
Received 133 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by POPTOPP
Installed full set of underbody skids and a replacement bumper. New toys from Sarek Autowerke. Rocks are now put on notice that I ain't taking no grief any longer.

Exposed bolt heads are a surprise. The Tuff Ant sliders have cone-shaped washers to reduce the profile for dragging over rocks; they were the target of a lot of skepticism when they first appeared although I never had any issues with mine. Ralf’s are just 90 degree angles. Will be interesting to see if there are any snapped off bolt heads. But you have to attach them somehow.

Old 07-24-2024, 08:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 226 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_F
Exposed bolt heads are a surprise. The Tuff Ant sliders have cone-shaped washers to reduce the profile for dragging over rocks; they were the target of a lot of skepticism when they first appeared although I never had any issues with mine. Ralf’s are just 90 degree angles. Will be interesting to see if there are any snapped off bolt heads. But you have to attach them somehow.
Yeah. I've the TuffAnt rock sliders and those counter sunk washers have held up great. I talked to Ralf about this and he makes the case that this is a better way to go. If it proves to be an issue, then it's easy enough to swap them. Alternatively, this comes with an optional UHMW covering which would provide reasonable protection.

Old 07-24-2024, 08:33 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Termite
Took it mountain biking….
Nice bike

Old 07-24-2024, 08:39 PM
Mudding
Received 286 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by POPTOPP
Yeah. I've the TuffAnt rock sliders and those counter sunk washers have held up great. I talked to Ralf about this and he makes the case that this is a better way to go. If it proves to be an issue, then it's easy enough to swap them. Alternatively, this comes with an optional UHMW covering which would provide reasonable protection.
When it proves to be an issue you may have fun trying to remove the headless bolt stub after the head has been sheered off by rocks.
Any bolts on underside protective panels should offer no resistance but slide over the rocks..

This is what bolts should be on the underside panels..

Old 07-24-2024, 09:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 226 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronin Defender
When it proves to be an issue you may have fun trying to remove the headless bolt stub after the head has been sheered off by rocks.
Any bolts on underside protective panels should offer no resistance but slide over the rocks..

This is what bolts should be on the underside panels..

What type of bolt is that? I'm familiar with countersunk bolts used in conjunction with countersunk washers, but I've never come across anything like that.

Old 07-25-2024, 06:13 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Was the sunglasses holder hard to install?

Old 07-25-2024, 08:09 AM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree and was about the made the same comment. Shearing off studs is no fun.

Old 07-31-2024, 04:01 PM
Mudding
Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by D110Xd
Yes, it is OEM. The install was super easy. Took me may 15 minutes. There is an install video as well.

https://huntersprestige.com/products...older-retrofit

Here is the link for the install video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mip7wyGaq9k
Love the sunglass holder conversion! It was crazy stupid of JLR to get rid of a functionally useful place for your sunglasses and instead put.... nothing?! At least there's a solution! It would be nice if JLR dealers were able to do this fix on your next service appointment!

Old 08-01-2024, 10:05 AM
Winching
Received 438 Likes on 206 Posts
Default Replaced battery with aftermarket Exide EK960

Last Friday my car just opened up, attempt to start failed direct and all screens went black.
Removed the battery to charge at home - I live in the city centre.. , with the NoCo Genius 5
I could close the driver door with the spare blade, but no possibility to close the passenger door, so a strap between the console and the door handle did the job. The rear with softclose needs power so this was safe.

After 18 hours of charging the light lit on Green, replaced, driven direct afterward 20 Mls. It did look all fine.
Next Day dead again, couldn't open it. So I needed a new one, OEM Landrover GX73-10655-BD = Exide EK950/EK960 identical with breather plug.
Ordered online next day delivery, replaced - I was worried about the BMS but no faults - I will reset the BMS with the IIDtool asap.
The first battery was from 12-11-2020. Just 3 months out of warranty..

Last edited by Defendit..; 08-01-2024 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Defender today?