2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the Single, Simple Change You'd Like to See on Defender?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 06:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 192 Likes on 113 Posts

Some people's kids.......

The following users liked this post:
WTFChuck (07-02-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 12:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Trekkie
These would be mine after configuring and order what I think is the 23.5 MY:

White Roof on the X-Dynamic SE, X, etc.
18" Steelies on SE and up
Solid color seats on X-Dynamic SE and up ( I refer lighter seats, was unable to config x-dynamic SE without black edges)
Let me build my own 'option' pack. The explorer/adventure/etc packs all had things I definitely didn't want but each had some I'd have sprung for if I could pick/choose. Sure you can do it afterwards, but the packs don't make sense to me. I'm more inclined to slap on options at purchase vs buy them later.
Electric steering wheel adjust on SE (my wife and I are 8" apart in height and it's nice to have memory function on an electric steering wheel). It feels like ~living in the future~ when as you walk up to the car it sets itself for the key you have. not sure if the Defender does that.

Things that don't exist:

Lane Centering for Highway driving. Adaptive cruise is great (albeit pricey for this segment) but I've found this is a huge stress relief on those long haul over the highway trips. I don't want self driving, but it's surprising how less drained you are after 12 hours of driving on highway. It will be the only thing I miss on the car I'm replacing.
Rear Window open/close aka 'California mode' on some vehicles, operate like the windows do, retract into the door. I mean it's just a big door.

This is just my thoughts from test driving, and ordering. I'm sure I'll have more after I finally get to use it.
You can now option the electronic steering wheel adjustment on 2023.5’s for $0. Did it for my 130.

Old 07-03-2022, 12:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by EMV007
As a V8 owner, the sound should be way louder and the drive more aggressive specially on Dynamic mode. Big disappointed here.
Here’s other changes I would like to see.

* Black exhaust and possibly better looking one. The existing chrome one is truly embarrassing for a vehicle of this price.
* Dynamic mode that doesn’t have to be reselected every time your turn the car on/off.
* Ability to drive at faster speed on lower height mode.
* Some two tone leather options for the interior would also be great.
There's no suspension active at access height which is why it drives around like a pogo stick. I would think that there is a mode lower than normal at highway speeds so maybe lowering into that in dynamic mode is the best option.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:47 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Royalist
You can now option the electronic steering wheel adjustment on 2023.5’s for $0. Did it for my 130.
How is this done? I can't find it in the configurator.

Royalist (08-11-2022)
Old 08-11-2022, 02:28 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by mzeee
How is this done? I can't find it in the configurator.
It was on the Configurator as a stand-alone but it may have been removed and as far as ordering, I don’t think it could be standalone. it comes included with the Premium Upgrade Interior Pack (which I know for the 130 says it’s only for the 5 seater but it’s actually for both the 5 or 8 seat and includes the Extended Leather Pack).

Here it is on my current order:

mzeee (08-19-2022)
Old 08-11-2022, 02:58 PM
Three Wheeling

Configurator won't let me even add the Premium Upgrade Interior Pack. I can't find it anywhere. I thought I saw it before, but now don't see it. I wonder if it has been removed within the past week or two?

Royalist (08-11-2022)
Old 08-11-2022, 03:07 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by mzeee
Configurator won't let me even add the Premium Upgrade Interior Pack. I can't find it anywhere. I thought I saw it before, but now don't see it. I wonder if it has been removed within the past week or two?
Like I said, if it’s on the 130, it’s hidden under Windsor leather but only on the standard (5) seating configuration, even though it can be added with 8 when ya order; and includes extended leather pack (even though it says it doesn’t). As far as 110 and 90 I have no idea, best to ask your dealer when ordering and putting into their system.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:09 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Royalist
Like I said, if it’s on the 130, it’s hidden under Windsor leather but only on the standard (5) seating configuration, even though it can be added with 8 when ya order; and includes extended leather pack (even though it says it doesn’t). As far as 110 and 90 I have no idea, best to ask your dealer when ordering and putting into their system.
Thanks very much for this! It's great to get information from forums that are unavailable in the online configuration tool, and even dealers aren't very familiar with.

Old 08-25-2022, 01:22 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 134 Likes on 38 Posts

I would welcome an improvement in the PIVI application for car dimensions. It would be good to add a second option to the serial dimensions where you could set individual dimensions height - roof rack with equipment depends on what you have, length - if you have a bike rack, width - if there are canisters on the car and so on. Everyone could adjust the dimensions according to their specification.

MattF (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 07:14 AM
Winching
Received 451 Likes on 214 Posts

I would like to see Automatic Sound added, all the microphones are in the car, just 2 parameters programming roadnoise and speed, with some manual finetuning settings in the audio section.

The auto volume setting is a feature that automatically adjusts the volume of the sound system.
The auto volume setting adjusts for issues such as road noise, and plays your sound system at the right volume after these factors are taken into consideration.

I do really miss this function, I'am constant adjusting the volume..

Quick Reply: What is the Single, Simple Change You'd Like to See on Defender?