Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy storage box

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2023, 09:55 AM
Mudding
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisbob
I am so glad you shared this info with me. I got my box in a week, and the install went great. A lot of people think the box is frivolous, but I am so happy to get a bunch of small items out of the truck. The embossed Union Jack in gloss black is great looking. This video was very helpful to watch before I did the installation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcuC6puzO_o

There were a few things that made me pause, but it all worked out well. Removing the trim piece requires care. Measuring, marking, drilling and filing the metal trim piece for a perfect fit had me worried, but I got it done. The only other challenge was installing the covers on the lower bolts. The yellow clips just kept popping off the cover. I eventually used super glue to keep them from coming off the covers. In the video above the clips look silver so maybe from LR those pars are metal or different in some way. I am very happy with how little I see the box in my side mirror, and there is no noise from it.
I also ordered the Gloss Black one from Hunters Prestige. It arrived yesterday and I installed it the same day. I had the exact same difficulties you encountered, but in the end all went well. I agree that it is a great addition. I put all of my tie down straps, gloves, etc. and still have plenty of room for more.

One thing I didn't expect was, since I already have the roof rack installed, had to loosen the back bolts and middle side rack bolts in order to lift it enough to slide the gearbox nut rail attachment under roof rack attachment. It wasn't too bad and a heck of a lot easier than removing the entire rack.

Last edited by ficklma1; 07-22-2023 at 10:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Chrisbob (07-23-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 09:57 AM
Drifting
Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Storage Box

pictures

The following 5 users liked this post by Chrisbob:
dshark1 (08-13-2023), EyeJayEhh (07-24-2023), ficklma1 (07-24-2023), GrouseK9 (07-24-2023), WAFOX (07-23-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 11:18 AM
Mudding
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

Looks great! Any rattling issues?

Chrisbob (07-23-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 12:05 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by is21447
Looks great! Any rattling issues?
I don't hear anything, and there is nothing loose or rattling when you stand there to access it. If I were to look for any sort of flaw or quality issue it would be the edge of the painted cover. The back edge is not perfect. Not many people would notice this, but I am guessing the $1,200 LR version is finished better. I will try to get a picture of this.

ficklma1 (07-24-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 12:12 PM
Drifting
Default BA Tents

Originally Posted by ficklma1
I also ordered the Gloss Black one from Hunters Prestige. It arrived yesterday and I installed it the same day. I had the exact same difficulties you encountered, but in the end all went well. I agree that it is a great addition. I put all of my tie down straps, gloves, etc. and still have plenty of room for more.

One thing I didn't expect was, since I already have the roof rack installed, had to loosen the back bolts and middle side rack bolts in order to lift it enough to slide the gearbox nut rail attachment under roof rack attachment. It wasn't too bad and a heck of a lot easier than removing the entire rack.

I have the BA Tents rack system coming next week. I hope I don't have to mess with the box, but if I do it should only be the top mounting points

ficklma1 (07-24-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 02:41 PM
Drifting
Default paint

Here is a picture of the edge that has less than a perfect finish. Now the finish is a very nice gloss black and that is consistent, however this one edge is not perfect. I own a car detailing business and not a body shop so I am sure there is a term for this minor type of defect. Again, it is so minor that few people would even notice it.

Old 07-23-2023, 04:56 PM
Mudding
Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisbob
Here is a picture of the edge that has less than a perfect finish. Now the finish is a very nice gloss black and that is consistent, however this one edge is not perfect. I own a car detailing business and not a body shop so I am sure there is a term for this minor type of defect. Again, it is so minor that few people would even notice it.
I see it, it would bug me as well and it sucks that every time I see it I would focus on it instead of how awesome it looks overall.

it is very similar to a tile that is laid crooked on the pool that my wife pointed me to which now I can’t unsee and it also bothers me every time I go in the pool.

Chrisbob (08-12-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 07:14 PM
Mudding
Received 153 Likes on 80 Posts

I have the same thing. My wife just makes a dry comment about me taking my OCD medication... :-s

Chrisbob (07-24-2023)
Old 08-12-2023, 06:20 PM
Drifting

I wish the support arms that hang from the roof rails were a gloss black to match the rest of the trim on my Defender. Coming from a Jeep Wrangler, I am loving that I do not have to dress any textured plastics on the exterior of my Defender! All of my gloss black trim is ceramic coated so it looks great and cleans up easily.

Old 08-13-2023, 08:29 PM
Mudding
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

Strongly, considering purchasing one for myself. (Opinions please) what color would you guys do on a Pangea Green/white roof ,, green,white or silver box? Pics would be awesome… What a tuffy!! Lol

Last edited by dshark1; 08-13-2023 at 09:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Where to buy storage box