2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why won't my Defender's software update?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2023 | 06:59 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by mzeee
Where can I find the option to enable auto-update?

Mine doesn't show a version, as far as I know it hasn't updated for the few weeks I've had it. I don't have the new camera preset option for the favorites update, so I assume I'm on some version prior to 3.3.0! Considering it came off the boat in December, that's a little disappointing.
I dont think there is a specific option to enable OTA updates. I'll check later on mine to confirm.

Looking through the manual there is no mention of a specific option to enable it. But it might be buried in there somewhere and my pre-coffee brain is not seeing it.

Old 02-03-2023 | 09:22 AM
Mudding

I could of sworn that i saw an auto update slider but I am unable to find that in any of the menus now. I will remove my reference to that from my post above. Maybe it showed up when I was at the screen telling me that 3.3.2 was ready to install. But again I am not finding that slider now after my 3.3.2 updated successfully.

Last edited by SilverSFR; 02-03-2023 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-03-2023 | 11:57 AM
Mudding

What’s an easy well to tell if our software is updated for people like me that have no version info? Functionality from Pivi of some sort. I was looking for the button to switch between CarPlay and LR nav and don’t have that n

Old 02-03-2023 | 12:16 PM
Mudding

Mlw911. if you get into software update section of settings and see no info as in a blank screen then you might have bigger problems. post a picture of what your software update screen looks like. I know that with mine it takes a few minutes for my software update section to register and actually show me my software version info. I also have the car started. and i filp around in the different menus and then come back to software update and then it shows my software version. Like the car is thinking a bit about it for a period of time.

Last edited by SilverSFR; 02-03-2023 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-03-2023 | 04:17 PM
Mudding

What finally worked for me is the following:
1) Turned off Cellular Data connection for Internet
2) Ensured WiFi connectivity was connected - reentered password, etc. to make sure it really was connected to my home WiFi
3) Locked the doors.

After all of this, waited approximately 2 hours before starting truck and checking under Software Updates on the Menu and it show 3.3.2 installed Feb 3rd 2023

I hope this information helps others

The following 2 users liked this post by ficklma1:
The_hog (02-08-2023), tooth_dr (02-06-2023)
Old 02-03-2023 | 07:19 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by mlw911
What’s an easy well to tell if our software is updated for people like me that have no version info? Functionality from Pivi of some sort. I was looking for the button to switch between CarPlay and LR nav and don’t have that n
I thought I saw a link to a history of versions with release notes posted here somewhere, but then when I searched again I couldn't find it. Is there such a source someone can point us to?

Old 02-03-2023 | 08:21 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by SilverSFR
Mlw911. if you get into software update section of settings and see no info as in a blank screen then you might have bigger problems. post a picture of what your software update screen looks like. I know that with mine it takes a few minutes for my software update section to register and actually show me my software version info. I also have the car started. and i filp around in the different menus and then come back to software update and then it shows my software version. Like the car is thinking a bit about it for a period of time.
Not for me. I tried your method. There are a fair number of other posters here who indicated that prior to their first update when the vehicle was new, no version number ever showed. It looks like that's the case for me too. My version shows as "Installed".

The following users liked this post:
EasternShoreDefender (02-03-2023)
Old 02-04-2023 | 05:49 AM
Mudding

Same thing here every time I’ve checked it since owning the car, it shows what’s pictured above.

Trauma (02-19-2023)
Old 02-04-2023 | 08:26 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ficklma1
2) Ensured WiFi connectivity was connected - reentered password, etc. to make sure it really was connected to my home WiFi
3) Locked the doors.

After all of this, waited approximately 2 hours before starting truck and checking under Software Updates on the Menu and it show 3.3.2 installed Feb 3rd 2023

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried your steps, but it didn't seem to affect anything for me.

Old 02-05-2023 | 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ficklma1
3) Locked the doors. Double lock by pressing lock button twice in quick succession.

I picked up my '23 90S in May and like many others on here it did not show what version was loaded on the PIVIPRO. It downloaded and showed 3.3.0 about 2 weeks after delivery. I haven't been able to get any further downloads since then until I followed the above from ficklma1 . It downloaded 3.3.2 and installed on 2/3. For those that have tried the above with no success, make certain you have a strong home wifi signal connection. I hooked up an old router I had in my garage to increase the signal strength. Be certain you are double locking your vehicle, this is crucial. I added this to the instructions above. Good luck.

ficklma1 (02-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Why won't my Defender's software update?