2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why won't my Defender's software update?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2023 | 02:39 PM
Three Wheeling

Trying this now. Really hope I get an update. My version must be quite low since I don’t have options that 3.0 introduced

The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (02-06-2023)
Old 02-05-2023 | 02:48 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by UtahLandy
I picked up my '23 90S in May and like many others on here it did not show what version was loaded on the PIVIPRO. It downloaded and showed 3.3.0 about 2 weeks after delivery. I haven't been able to get any further downloads since then until I followed the above from ficklma1 . It downloaded 3.3.2 and installed on 2/3. For those that have tried the above with no success, make certain you have a strong home wifi signal connection. I hooked up an old router I had in my garage to increase the signal strength. Be certain you are double locking your vehicle, this is crucial. I added this to the instructions above. Good luck.
I'm assuming you tried it with single-locking, it failed to update, then it worked the next time you double-locked your car, on the first attempt? I'm always suspicious of magic incantations that are perceived to help, when what people are seeing might just be coincidental timing.

Old 02-05-2023 | 04:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mzeee
I'm assuming you tried it with single-locking, it failed to update, then it worked the next time you double-locked your car, on the first attempt? I'm always suspicious of magic incantations that are perceived to help, when what people are seeing might just be coincidental timing.
Nope, read it in numerous places on the net, Simon explains it (or shows him double locking) in a lot of his software download vids. like this

From his video.

I don't claim to be a Pivi Pro expert since this is my first Land Rover and I have only done two updates, but both have been successful on the first try. The first one downloaded like it was supposed to, but the second one (along with 3.3.1) never gave me the message that "download was ready to install" I waited and waited for 3.3.1 since I thought my system was working properly after the first download went normally, but I tried the above instructions after I read people were starting to receive 3.3.2. I checked before hand and system said software was up to date at 3.3.0 so I turned off the cellular connection, confirmed good wifi and double locked the doors with windows up and 3.3.2 downloaded and installed on the first shot.

Last edited by user 729788; 02-05-2023 at 04:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ficklma1 (02-06-2023)
Old 02-05-2023 | 06:53 PM
Overlanding

I’m not sure what update I have. I took delivery early December 2023 and on my software screen, everything is blank, just as in the above picture. I tried all those steps last night, disconnected from cellular, reconnected to wi-if, double locked and left it overnight and most of today. I still have a blank screen on the update page. It just says my software is up to date.

Old 02-05-2023 | 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Blackdirt Cowboy
I’m not sure what update I have. I took delivery early December 2023 and on my software screen, everything is blank, just as in the above picture.
No information on that screen after a new car pickup means you haven't received an update. Go through all the vudu tricks described throughout. I too picked mine up in December and have received updates.​​​​​​​

Old 02-05-2023 | 09:28 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by EasternShoreDefender
No information on that screen after a new car pickup means you haven't received an update. Go through all the vudu tricks described throughout. I too picked mine up in December and have received updates.​​​​​​​
It looks like he already tried the voodoo tricks! I'm starting to think the tricks might just be voodoo indeed, and apparent results from them are imaginary.

They haven't worked for me either. I'm about 2.5 weeks post delivery, but only about 2 weeks post InControl registration and sign in. So

Old 02-05-2023 | 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by mzeee
It looks like he already tried the voodoo tricks! I'm starting to think the tricks might just be voodoo indeed, and apparent results from them are imaginary.

They haven't worked for me either. I'm about 2.5 weeks post delivery, but only about 2 weeks post InControl registration and sign in. So
Try signing in and out a few times on the truck and reset the connection on whatever similar page that comes up (in the truck). Something like that worked for me.

Old 02-05-2023 | 10:53 PM
Banned

You guys that just took delivery fairly recently may be up to date meaning you are probably at 3.3.1 since that initially rolled out last Fall sometime. 3.3.2 was just released in the last week or so and as I understand it, LR staggers the role out of their updates.

Old 02-06-2023 | 12:37 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by UtahLandy
You guys that just took delivery fairly recently may be up to date meaning you are probably at 3.3.1 since that initially rolled out last Fall sometime. 3.3.2 was just released in the last week or so and as I understand it, LR staggers the role out of their updates.
I can't set my favorites button to pull up cameras. That's a 3.3.0 feature, isn't it?

Old 02-06-2023 | 08:36 AM
Rock Crawling

FWIW I was at 3.3.0 and after reading this thread (and not receiving any notifications that an update - 3.3.1 or 3.3.2 - was available) I went to check my current version and, voila, 3.3.2 was installed. Apparently I lost the ability to decide and never got any notifications. The car simply went ahead and updated itself without even bother telling me - before or after the update was complete. Since I went from 3.3.0 to 3.3.2 I assume the improvements of 3.3.1 were included. The car seems a bit more tuned-in with acceleration and ACC, but it can all be placebo effect. Who knows?

The following 2 users liked this post by mrego:
ficklma1 (02-06-2023), mdgs (02-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Why won't my Defender's software update?