Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WI-FI Enabled With Data Plan Expiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 11:10 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,167 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by carlmuck
I would love to redirect the in truck internet services (weather, Alexa) to use my phone, but don't see how. It seems silly that the truck can still update apps and provide nav services (including internet lookups for information in the search bar) but they can't just turn the data back on.

Called JLR this morning and they were all about (call AT&T) and they start calling ATT with me on hold, then after 15 min the phone disconnected (how convenient).
Helpful hint. Read my messages above. You need to call LR customer service, open a case, explain to them that your car has nothing to do with AT&T and it's provided by JLR, tell them to refer to my case # if they need more information. Literally no reps are trained on this and it's ridiculously bad. My case # which is closed was #3402729, tell them to reference it and you need the same thing to happen.

The following 2 users liked this post by nashvegas:
GrouseK9 (07-13-2022), MattF (07-13-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 10:46 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

So after many calls to JLR, came out to the truck and I was logged out from my "profile". Not exactly logged out, the profile no longer existed.

Well created the profile, and low and behold, my data service are back.

Interestingly, there is no data plan on my "in control" subscriptions.

Maybe I now have a permanent data plan!!!

The following users liked this post:
markjlr (07-20-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 01:57 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Initial password

My new 2023 110 was just delivered and i have the Online Pack with Data plan.

Anyone know what the initial password to connect to the in car wifi might be or where to find it?

Old 04-06-2024, 06:10 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 160 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Hula-2
My new 2023 110 was just delivered and i have the Online Pack with Data plan.

Anyone know what the initial password to connect to the in car wifi might be or where to find it?
It's one of those multi-segment codes that looks like a MAC address.

Look for (and change) in the "All" portion of setup. It selects them for you, no way to set it to something you'll remember, but it's a one time thing.

Old 04-07-2024, 06:43 AM
WMN
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Subscription Expiring: has anyone else received this email?

Received this email Friday and am quite at a loss…$500!

Will call my dealer Monday to make sure it’s a legit email and to rant and rave. $500!

This is complete BS…$500!

Isn’t this the cost of the 4G GAP Tool?

Land Rover InControl

Land Rover subscriptions are a suite of services and applications that connects you to your vehicle and links you seamlessly, and securely, with the outside world.

Please see the status of current subscriptions for the services on your Land Rover Defender, VIN:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Online Pack WiFi and Data is due to expire on Wednesday, May 1st, 2024. (BTW: this is 34 not 36 months)

Please find further information about your current subscription, the alternative subscriptions available for renewal, and the duration of each subscription below:
  1. Online Pack With Data Plan + Wifi Enabled (12 months)
$500.00

Select a Product:
  1. Your subscription includes:

• Online Pack With Data Plan

• Wifi Enabled

More about this subscription:

The Online Pack is designed to enhance your in-car experience, ensuring you and your passengers enjoy the journey while remaining connected to the world. It gives you unlimited data via an integrated SIM card, unlimited streaming for Online Media (Spotify for example), and weather forecasting for your favourite locations up to five days in advance. You can also ask Amazon Alexa to make to-do lists, set reminders and provide information on weather, traffic, sports and other real-time updates.

Wi-Fi Enabled with data plan provides 4G hotspot with up to 20GB a month. You’ll be able to keep in touch with friends and family, and keep everyone entertained with video streaming, even when you are on the road less travelled. Wi-FI uses the external antenna for the best possible connection.

YOUR SUBSCRIPTION:

Summary

Online Pack With Data Plan + Wifi Enabled (12 months) $500.00

Total: $500.00

Old 04-07-2024, 07:41 AM
Winching
Received 611 Likes on 291 Posts

The whole subscription deal is confusing. Since I have unlimited data and calling on my iPhone and Apple CarPlay, and can stream Spotify, Amazon Music and all my other sources, I can’t see the need for their data plan. Am I missing something?

Old 04-07-2024, 08:52 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,306 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by WTFChuck
The whole subscription deal is confusing. Since I have unlimited data and calling on my iPhone and Apple CarPlay, and can stream Spotify, Amazon Music and all my other sources, I can’t see the need for their data plan. Am I missing something?
Passengers can use devices that only connect via wifi. Computers ipads etc. (Sure they could connect via a phone hot-spot I suppose, but the car's WiFi network is better. )

Been a great addition.

Also free is good. Not something I'd pay for given the other options.

Old 04-07-2024, 10:11 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

I received an email last week stating "YOUR ONLINE PACK + WI-FI HOTSPOT SUBSCRIPTION ENDS SOON" and asking me to specify either that I don't want to renew or if I no longer own the vehicle. I traded in the Defender over a year ago. I clicked the link to specify that I don't own it anymore but it then took me to the login page. I didn't bother digging around to look up my old login info for incontrol so I just said to hell with it and deleted the email but this could in theory be happening with some people who are having issues with this stuff when they buy one preowned. Maybe the previous owner didn't specify they sold it. I suspect the dealership can go in and override all of that on the land rover system side but they'll have to know how to do it. The fact that I'm even getting such an email leads me to believe somewhere in the JLR databases I'm still listed as the owner, even though at least presumably a new owner would have been registered by now. I dunno... seems messy... I'm going to guess if you buy one of these things preowned especially from a non-JLR dealership you may run into account / incontrol / profile issues, at least at first.. For a JLR dealership's CPO'd Defender or even a non-CPO'd one they probably have and follow a process to clean this stuff up.

Last edited by Chief65; 04-07-2024 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-07-2024, 11:09 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,167 Likes on 627 Posts

$500. The take rate is going to be so low it's going to ensure that the post warranty product is no longer offered (which ... well it may even be a strategy, as crappy as that is). They are really giving us a good middle finger with that. Doesn't matter how well funded the bank accounts of owners are... this subjectively isn't great value.

Look what I found online . It really should be more like the "Plus" or "Essential" plans below.

I'm sure I will start dialing and yell at them about this to make myself feel better when I receive this email (which is about 8 mos from now I believe).

I just renewed this same tech on a 911 Carrera and Porsche connect is $205 a year for a much more expensive vehicle. And the system for renewing it works flawlessly and the communications are perfect.

$205 / year = Porsche
$500 / year = JLR
$150 / year is what I believe BMW connected drive after year 4 is (although I can't confirm)

Last edited by nashvegas; 04-07-2024 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-07-2024, 05:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 231 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by nashvegas
$500. The take rate is going to be so low it's going to ensure that the post warranty product is no longer offered (which ... well it may even be a strategy, as crappy as that is). They are really giving us a good middle finger with that. Doesn't matter how well funded the bank accounts of owners are... this subjectively isn't great value.

Look what I found online . It really should be more like the "Plus" or "Essential" plans below.

I'm sure I will start dialing and yell at them about this to make myself feel better when I receive this email (which is about 8 mos from now I believe).

I just renewed this same tech on a 911 Carrera and Porsche connect is $205 a year for a much more expensive vehicle. And the system for renewing it works flawlessly and the communications are perfect.

$205 / year = Porsche
$500 / year = JLR
$150 / year is what I believe BMW connected drive after year 4 is (although I can't confirm)

That kind of pricing is what happened to me with Audi. When I purchased the Q3 it was $20 per month unlimited data for the in car hotspot plan. However in 2018 when I leased a Q5 and the plan was running out it was jacked all the way up to $500 annual. I didn't renew it, not necessarily because I couldn't afford it but on principle alone and I wrote a letter to Audi about it. With my '22 Passport I went with the Trailsport trim instead of the Elite so mine doesn't have an in car hotspot. One less thing to worry about renewing. I just figured if I really needed it I could add one of those Jetpack mobile hotspots but I haven't needed it. My kids are older now so they don't mess with tablets much anymore, just their phones. $500 is highway robbery for inside the car, I mean we're only in the car using data a limited number of hours per day so this kind of pricing makes very little sense IMO. I will say when I had the Defender the hotspot worked ok, no issues. It did stop working however when we crossed the border into Canada. Just an FYI for anyone planning a trip up north with the kids.

Last edited by Chief65; 04-07-2024 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: WI-FI Enabled With Data Plan Expiring