4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Arkansas Rover Society Spring Rally

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Arkansas Rover Society Spring Rally

Home - Arkansas Rover Society (A.R.S.)

Is anyone nearby planning on going to this?

I've never been to any of these type of events before, but this one seems pretty close to me (compared to everything else that is either on the east coast or in the Rockies), so I think I will.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jafir, i have been a few times. it is a great event. i am in memphis and the local dealer sponsors the event with ARS and several private parts and service groups. it is an all weekend event in which usually there is only rovers in the park. last one i went to had 50+ rovers at it. ranging from a 73' air portable to LR4 and evoque. dealer even has a few kitted rides they bring out.

the event includes a raffle that sponsors the local childrens hospital. they have great goodies to give away.

they split the rovers into groups green, yellow,red according to trail technicality wanted.(though you must meet tire and acc. requirements to hit some trails) then the groups seperate and go their own ways. then when not with the group you can pal around with other rovers and such between rides and events.

ill be there in march staying on site. ill arrive friday afternoon and wheel through sunday. ill check in friday at primitive tent site #1 by the creek. anyone who comes to the event please come by #1 primitive for beer and rover talk. ill have the three little ones running around as well. they all love to wheel.

I would reccomend this event to any novice,nooby,or expert wheeler. great event at a large orv park with lots of rover commraderie. the trails for certain groups(red,green,yelow), are well planned and there is always excitment. last year a d2 flipped rear over front while going down a **** diamond hill. everyone was alright,but it did make for an interesting insight into recovery. ill have to find old phone to post vids and pics from the event. even have vid and pic of flipped rover and recovery.
sorry for spelling and grammar trying to type real quick while ER is slow.(note the d2 saw minor body damage and when recovered and left to sit it started right up.

walko327
"steven" & "ashley" with the kids
98' white gold lse d1
come by and see us at superlift orv march 22-24 tent site #1 always happy to meet forum members!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Nice! I think I'm going to just stay in a hotel this time around.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Mudding

Lol I don't always camp. But the kids love it!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:54 AM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heard it was great, I was unable to attend cause of work, but I'll be there next year. I live down the road from the Spencer lol, saw them leaving out with envoy.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

It was LOTS of fun. A little cold and windy for a spring rally, at least on Sunday. I got to drive the defender off road for the first time. It's amazing what good tires and LOW gearing will do!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Mudding

I've ended up blowing a wheel bearing that caused my cv to shear off its axle tip and turn the shaft to lava. Was able to get some new wheel bearings on but my transfer case ate itself on the way home about to leave to get rover from little rock with tow vehicle how fun then to the part yard for a 70$ transfer case. Damn it was all going so well too.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Man that sucks. I didn't know anyone broke anything too badly.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:55 AM
Mudding

OOOOOO yeah.... i was repairing my bearings at campsite and on way home the t case ate itself. still working on getting old one off and donor placed. i always seem to be the one thats breaks something in the last 2 years. maybe it has something to do with my heavy left foot? lol its really not that heavy i just have bad luck.