4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

ISO Oregon DMV 'Established Organization' (special interest vehicle registration)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 05:46 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO Oregon DMV 'Established Organization' (special interest vehicle registration)

Hello all,

Looking for a reference to someone in the Portland, OR area who I can connect with in order to register my new (to me) 1999 Series I Discovery as a Special Interest Vehicle. Which requires that it has been "sanctioned by an established organization as a vehicle of special interest." On the below linked form, there is a certification form that needs to be filled out. The difficulty is that I'm not able to find a list of “established organizations” by the Oregon DMV for the purpose of approving special interest vehicles. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

----------

From the "ANTIQUE / SPECIAL INTEREST VEHICLE CERTIFICATION" form:
(link: https://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/Forms/DMV/6577.pdf)

ESTABLISHED ORGANIZATION CERTIFICATION:
I certify:
- The organization listed below is currently designated as an “established organization” by DMV for the purpose of approving special interest vehicles
- I am an authorized representative for the established organization, as recorded with DMV; and
- I am authorized to verify that particular vehicles meet the organization’s standards to be approved as special interest vehicles

I further certify that I have viewed the vehicle described on this form and have verified that the vehicle qualifies as a special interest vehicle based on the standards set by the organization I represent, for the upkeep and preservation of this type of vehicle.

I make this certification in support of the vehicle owner’s application for registration of the vehicle as a special interest vehicle and certify that the information I am attesting to is true and correct.

ORGANIZATION NAME AND ADDRESS (STREET, CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE)
NAME OF AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE
TELEPHONE NUMBER
SIGNATURE OF AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE
DATE

Old 05-31-2019, 07:02 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 275 Likes on 210 Posts
Old 06-03-2019, 12:47 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Not following? What would make your Discovery a special interest vehicle? In my mind...a special interest vehicle would have to be an unusual model (XD, G4, etc) or one that has competed in a sanctioned event (camel trophy, G4, etc).

Brian.