Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

04 Disco SE USA audio system

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 03:20 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Disco SE USA audio system

Does anybody have the exact specifications on the 04 Disco SE (united states version)?

Speakers:
Amplifier:
Head unit:

There seems to be alot of distiortion in the low range and i am looking to upgrade a little. Does anybdody know of a successfull upgrade that has been done with out spending alot of $$. I am thininking that replaceing the stock low range speakers will do it. What do you think?

Old 12-20-2004, 12:28 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 04 Disco SE USA audio system

I recommend staying with OEM (original equipment). I have, on other occasions in the past, 'upgraded' auto stereo systems using high end equipment such as Rockford Fosgate, Orion, and Infiniti. The problem with upgrading with other than OEM is that the resale of the vehicle is less. By going through the dealership,you may spend more money, but the resale value of your Disco will not depreciate because you have taken out its original equipment. I see this quite often as a car wholesaler.
Another option to save money would be to get the model number and name of the OEM equipment from the dealership and then look for that particular on EBay, Stealitback.com, etc., or by finding a Disco that someone is selling the parts from, such as [URL=http://www.partydown.com/items/item316.htm] , We have obtained a number for a company that says that they have OEM in stock, looks to be for reasonble prices, phone # 888-231-0395. Good luck! Merry Christmas. Let me know how it turns out for you. I am looking for a CD changer for my '99 Rover Disco.