Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2006 Ranger Rover Sport DVD system

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 02:21 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Ranger Rover Sport DVD system

I just received my new Ranger Rover Sport, Supercharged rig with all the options.

I would like to be able to play DVD's on the front screen while parked but this is disconnected on North American RR. How can I get around this? It kills me to be waiting for a ferry hearing my boys watch movies while I only hear the sound. There must be a way to activate the front screen since this works on the same Rigs in Europe. Help me please.

don

Old 07-09-2005, 01:22 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: 2006 Ranger Rover Sport DVD system

Hi,

You might try checking a site called www.bimmernav.com. Those guys are pretty knowledgeable about bmw/rover databus and wiring systems. I have a 2005 lr3 that I completely replaced the radio in with a kenwood excelon touchscreen unit. I wanted the same things you want as well as satellite radio without some pipmly doodad on my dash. I figured out how to interface the factory steering controls as well as the factory speakers ( not an easy task with fiber optic system) My system sounds awesome and looks like that excelon radio came with the vehicle. I also added a 10.2" overhead flip down for my kids in the rear and dual zone audio and video.My company now has started doing these for the local Landrover dealer in our area because it looks and works so nice. Hope the link helps. If not, e-mail me and I'll try to help further. Good luck

Old 09-04-2005, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

hi, did you get an answer on the dvd play on front scrren for the range rover sport
stopha

Old 03-17-2006, 05:15 PM
3rd Gear

i would like to know as well.

How to get the FACTORY DVD PLAYER to play on the screen UPFRONT, WHILE DRIVING.

**not for me, for the passenger**

Old 03-17-2006, 08:03 PM
4wd Low

really, use your head. while you still have one.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:39 PM
3rd Gear

I don't need comments i need an answer to my question, if you are not here to help us, or help contribute to this thread in a positive way, i suggest you not comment.

We all know driving with front seat video is bad, but its out there and everyone does it. Thats why TR-7 modules were made, to bypass Alpines Lockout, thats why bypasses were made available on other units like Pioneer, Kenwood and any other video screen made out there, easily to be bypassed intentionally.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

As near as I can tell, there is an S-Video cable that connects to the rear seat entertainment module (2 pins for input from tv tuner not available in NA, and 2 pins to output video to the TSD). There is also a connection on the back of the TSD to input the video signal.

I have not had a chance to dig deeper yet (just got my RR last week), but so far I know the cable is not connected to the rear seat entertainment module (located under the Nav module). What I need to do is check to see if the cable is actually there or if one needs to be run to the front TSD.

As far as the vehicle in motion, there are typically 2 ways a system locks out video. Either a park brake signal (ground trigger) or motion pulse signal (speed trigger). I have noticed that when I engage my parking brake, the blank video screen appears on my TSD, so I assume that is the trigger they are using.

Problem is that I don't where the signals are input to . . . is it the TSD, the MOST BUS, the CAN BUS, etc. If it is the TSD, then all it should take is a ground signal to that pin input.

If anyone as additional info, or info to the contrary, please let me know.