Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

2001 Dll Mild Ambitious Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 03:07 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

I'll keep the "anti-rejection" medicine handy.

It may not actually cure the problem, but it will help my mental state as I smash the living daylights out of it...lol.

Brian.

Old 01-20-2018, 02:51 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats good stuff right there! hahahaha Ive been to Fastenal like 3 times in the last few months and not once did they have what I was looking for... If a company that specializes in nuts/bolts doesnt carry anything more then what I can get at the Home Depot, how do they stay in business?

Crazy....

The following users liked this post:
The Deputy (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 09:44 AM
Camel Trophy

Back in business, stud welded in and reinstalled hi-lift. Cut a bit of the pipe threads off the mounting plate, pulled the lift tighter up against the tire.

35F today, may go out and wire up the front lights and work on mounting/wiring switches inside drivers compartment for winch.

Plus, I may change the oil one more time, since drowning. Changed it afterwards, have driven about 100 miles since. Just feels like one more change ain't going to hurt anything. Maybe l'll run some seafoam or rislone through it first.

MAN...I HATE USING MY WIFE'S TABLET...THE SPELL CHECK IS THE WORSE EVER. TEN WORDS WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT I SPELLED.

Brian.

Old 01-21-2018, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

lol auto correct is awesome isn't it.....

The Deputy (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 06:55 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by cfairless
Thats good stuff right there! hahahaha Ive been to Fastenal like 3 times in the last few months and nogt once did they have what I was looking for... If a company that specializes in nuts/bolts doesnt carry anything more then what I can get at the Home Depot, how do they stay in business?

Crazy....
Reminds me of the first time I went to Tim Horton's. Picked my cousin up to go north bird hunting, usually I stop at a gas station for a road coffee, he says..."Hey, there's a Tim Horton's...go there...they have good coffee". I'd never stopped at one before. We get around to the drive through, I ask the girl for a large coffee with Irish cream half and half. She says, "We don't have Irish cream half and half." I'm like...WTF...I can get that at the gas station across the street...but not at a place that specializes in coffee and breakfast stuff?

Yes, crazy...

Brian.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Camel Trophy

Started messing with a couple of the containers l'd acquired out of a dumpster. I'm able to utilize 4 or five containers under my sleeping platform.

Wanted to use one for the Coleman stove, but it wouldn't fit...that is...until I cut the inner portion out and removed some foam insulation.

Left some insulation on the bottom and front portion, notching it some to allow for the *****.

Stove in place.

Took the leftover plastic inner piece and cut it down, height wise, so it became a tray that will sit on top of the stove.

Tray in place with propane tank. I'm going to cut a piece of foam to lay between the stove and the tray, and have a piece that is molded/formed to hold a couple tanks and stove fittings (and maybe a torch tip) for the tray.

I'll remove the inner portion from one or two more, for dry foods and cookware.

Brian.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:10 PM
Camel Trophy

Showed the container to the cat...she didn't seem impressed. But, when has a female ever been impressed with anything a man's ever done...lol.

Damn cats anyway...

Brian.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Innovative! Nice job!

The Deputy (02-08-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 08:47 AM
Camel Trophy

Worked on making a switch panel for front winch, "someday" rear winch and driving lights. First two switches are for in-out operation (front winch), second two will be for same (rear winch) and empty spot is for driving lights (need switch). Winch switches will have separate switched power source, that way they won't be activated by accident or by grandson(s).

Wires ran.

Lucked out, nice rubber plug just beneath the washer reservoir (or where SAI motor use to be mounted). Removed plug, cut hole in it and fed wires through.

Driving lights wired and relay mounted.

Needed a couple wire terminals for the winch controller, but it is just a white wire to white wire, black wire to black wire installation and that is done.

Garage with lights off...pretty dark huh.

Brian.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:04 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

Nice. Is that switch panel covered in pleather? I can't tell from the pics.. Nice work!

The Deputy (02-26-2018)

Quick Reply: 2001 Dll Mild Ambitious Build