Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Florida Rover's 1997 Discovery XD

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 10:35 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All of this is getting me soooooo excited I start at Eckerd college in Tampa in the fall. While east TN is top notch for off-roading with rocky rivers and mountains, west TN and memphis where I am is mostly red neck mudding spots where your likely to pop a tire from the glass and nails thats mixed with the mud. This stuff in florida looks amazing.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by memphis_rover
All of this is getting me soooooo excited I start at Eckerd college in Tampa in the fall. While east TN is top notch for off-roading with rocky rivers and mountains, west TN and memphis where I am is mostly red neck mudding spots where your likely to pop a tire from the glass and nails thats mixed with the mud. This stuff in florida looks amazing.
Hate to break it to you but REDNECK is the indigenous population down here

We have our share of trash and litter in the woods but most folks actually seem to make an effort since our recreational land is so valuable and under constant threat of development

Old 04-13-2018, 11:18 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its not the redneck side that I take issue with, its the gross neglect to our public lands that I hate. For example how hard is it to throw your damn beer cans in the bed of your truck after you finish one. Not like that beds ever used for anything else. Or people who try to make the biggest ruts they can. Some of the spots wouldn't be that bad but when the mud-holes get 5 foot deep it just becomes a car trap...

Old 04-14-2018, 04:32 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Pretty awesome video. Your rover walked right out of that canal and up that sand hill pretty nicely. What tire pressure are you running to accomplish that? Encounter a sand hill of similar status while up north a few weeks ago and after four attempts...finally had to get out of the main trail and use an area that still had shod over the sand. Was running 50 psi though and the rover was loaded for bear...so the mudder just went south with each revolution.

Anyhow, great video...and nice to see someone actually wheeling their rig.

Brian.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:30 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Pretty awesome video. Your rover walked right out of that canal and up that sand hill pretty nicely. What tire pressure are you running to accomplish that? Encounter a sand hill of similar status while up north a few weeks ago and after four attempts...finally had to get out of the main trail and use an area that still had shod over the sand. Was running 50 psi though and the rover was loaded for bear...so the mudder just went south with each revolution.

Anyhow, great video...and nice to see someone actually wheeling their rig.

Brian.
Nice video. Looks like fun. Reminds me of college days. Except we shot on VHS lol.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:48 AM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaRover
I got the second key cut today, It's not perfect but I'll make do for now - I don't use the locks much

This was the first official trip out to Holopaw, parked in the middle of our lot

Met a guy with an L322 out there shootin' Go Gators

Fun little spot known as "South Beach"

My dad brought the D2 out the next couple times to haul the trailer & supplies

Parked at camp, guess I found some mud

Definitely found mud

Dogs aren't so sure

Mud flats (this is drought season)

This was the 3rd or 4th trip, managed to get a group pic

Trail Rigs // Pavement Princess

Buried that b*tch

Pups went swimmin'

Then got over it

Panoramic view of camp

Sunrise cookin' breakfast

My happy place
Nice! I grew up in Orlando, would hunt Three Lakes all the time. Had a 67 Bronco pickup that I went all over that place in.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default XD

Great looking XD and action thread.can you post up some close shots of the tatical bumper and it’s mounting. I am considering one, but it’s not clear what mods are needed to mount a warn xd9000i onto it.
keep up the good work!

Old 06-06-2018, 07:42 AM
Rock Crawling

Been a couple months since my last update, we've gone from 8 months of drought to hurricane season down here, so 90+ degree temps and rain are a daily occurrence.

I've done some small projects on the truck lately and will try to get back on track with updates in the next week or so.

For now, here are a couple videos from this past weekend, we took a day trip out to the property to see what all the rain had done
WATCH IN HD!!

Short section of the main trail, this was about 50% tamer than the previous 3 miles we just completed..

North Mud Flats following Mike in his 99' D1, deepest water crossing at 3:55

Last edited by FloridaRover; 02-01-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:49 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,160 Likes on 836 Posts

Welcome back. Was just wondering about you the other day. Glad to see the rover is still roving. Watched a bit of the videos, but will have to wait until Monday to finish...trying to watch HD on DSL is like trying to put tooth paste back in the tube...painful.

Brian.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Rock Crawling

Another belated update from the Florida Land Rover Club Spring Rally at the end of April

Thread is getting a little disorganized... I'll try to post some photos of the other trucks after this

Mom's D2 and my XD

Waiting patiently

First recovery

Small section of a 19 car trail ride!

My old man having fun

S2 Nissan Diesel monster

RRC Truggy

Senic

Last edited by FloridaRover; 06-12-2018 at 11:34 AM.