Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

She is back!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will follow up with my experience and time in, when I get it back next week.
I am in no way out 10 months, but definitely longer than expected.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

"You give me 20 grand and I'll build you a $5000 truck"

The following users liked this post:
poncePR (12-03-2014)
Old 12-04-2014, 08:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fishEH
That's what I want to know. Seems like a LONG time to wait for a company that supposedly specializes in that sort of thing.
"Good things happen to those who wait"
Wasn't this addressed already? I believe there was more to the build than a motor but I may be wrong. They do Specialize in what I think is the best motor option and to my knowledge this one build is the one that took this long. My build took 2-3 mos due to Tornado season and the fact that tornadoes were within less than a mile to Steve's Facility. He chose to help the area clean up (as it was like a bomb went off)and his facility took some damage as well from what I remember. Call Steve at Cannibal yourself and address with him He is a standup guy and very very customer friendly especially after the build for follow up.

Last edited by Yoops Racing; 12-04-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by jgyorkii
I will follow up with my experience and time in, when I get it back next week.
I am in no way out 10 months, but definitely longer than expected.
Which motor and option is your build?

Old 12-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
Which motor and option is your build?
4.6, full turn key install

Old 12-04-2014, 08:58 AM
Rock Crawling

4.6, full turn key install
Stock or performance cam?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Yoops Racing
Stock or performance cam?
Sorry, Performance Cam

Old 12-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Rock Crawling

Sorry, Performance Cam
You are going to be very happy when it all gets finished. That motor rocks with that cam....get him to do the manifold as well ceramic coated - helps a lot with heat dissipation.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey sorry for no update in awhile, I've been super busy as of late but I'm working on the big update post. I just wanted to throw this into the discussion, the motor is great, taking with Steven was great, however the amount of time it took to install my motor was unacceptable. Especially since I was down a car while my rover was gone.

The following 2 users liked this post by Disco deuce:
drowssap (12-08-2014), jgyorkii (12-08-2014)
Old 02-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

UPDATE! finally

OK so a lot has been going on and I really haven't had the time to update my thread as much as I should have so this post is going to be a big one.

I know there are a few of you out there wondering how the motor is doing so I'll start with that. I've finished the engine break in and now I'm running 10w 30 mobile one oil with a bottle of ZDDP. There is a wet oil spot on the underside of the oil pan near the transmission, but it's not losing oil, so I'm not worried about it. Other than that the engine runs just fine.

My transfer case was leaking fluid so I thought I was going to have to take it apart and re-seal it. Which kinda made me mad because it was just rebuilt. I was also planning on installing a proper shifter for it, instead of using a cable run through to actuate the locker. So I pretty much got everything taken off when I notice that one of the bolts on the topside was missing. I put a new one in and no more leak, go figure.

I had ordered a Disco 1 Shifter and was planning on using that but there is a bushing that was missing and I couldn't find it. For anyone using this shifter and needs the bushings the part numbers I found with the help of Great Basin Rovers were FRC 4499 and FRC 5076. Instead of waiting for a bushing to be shipped from England I just went ahead and bought the Ashcroft shifter.

Ashcroft, charge a lot for their shifter but believe me it's worth every penny. The machining is a thing of beauty. I'm sad that there is no way to look at it while it's in the truck!

I finally installed rocksliders. I bought the Terrafirma ones with the tree bars. These are some serious piece of kit!. The install went easily enough. I used some jack stands to hold them in place. Drilling the holes and running the bolts were simple too. This was probably the easy modification I've ever done.

I finally got a dent...

It was foggy outside and my windows were clouded and I back up into a tree. Oh well it was a good excuse to get a new rear bumper. I opted for the Tactical Rovers bumper. It's way cheaper than the Rovertyme one but protects just as much. It also requires some body modification, which didn't bother me because the tree had done that for me.

Tactical Rovers did some good work on the bumper, all except for the one dent/ scratch which I assume came from shipping.

These welds are beautiful.

Body Modification

I think it looks pretty good. I've since trimmed up the fender some more and shifted it around but you get the jist of it.

I've also been doing some wheeling with my buddy up in TN.

It was very wet and muddy and I subsequently burned out the Cv centering ball on my front drive shaft again. I'm just tired of having to fix it, and while I like doing business with GBR, I'd rather be offroading than rebuilding a driveshaft. I order the Tom Woods shaft that everyone here seems to be buying. I haven't gotten it yet but hopefully it's up to the task.

Quick Reply: She is back!