Build Threads Create a build thread to compile pictures and descriptions of your LR build.

Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

You can remove the solenoid pin or remove the entire solenoid....... Just remember to check your brake lights every once and awhile....... No wires involved. I leave my doors unlocked and keys in the ignition.....

I did the same for the transfer case shift interlock, removed the solenoid guts.

Last edited by ihscouts; 11-08-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ihscouts
You can remove the solenoid pin or remove the entire solenoid....... Just remember to check your brake lights every once and awhile....... No wires involved. I leave my doors unlocked and keys in the ignition.....

I did the same for the transfer case shift interlock, removed the solenoid guts.

As much as I appreciate the reply......I'm not following you......any idea of the 2 wires out of 4?.......My key is always in, doors unlocked......but that's normal in these parts....hell my wallet & check book are usually in there as well....lol.

If you have the time.....interested in hearing more on the t-case as well!!!

Old 11-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Camel Trophy

None, no can jumper it.

Yellow/red is fused 15A power into switch.

Green/purple (that's partially melted the wire connector) is hot out of the brake switch for the stop lamps to shine bright but the trans shift interlock is also using that green/purple wire through a relay to retract the shift interlock solenoids pin.

White/red is ABS.

White/gray is cruise control.

Sooooo....... what I'm saying is one snap ring removed pulls the guts out of the trans shift solenoid and you'll never have another stuck shifter ever again........ mechanical not electrical and everything stays put. Just check your stop lamps are working every now and then eh.

Remove the console - fun. Remove shifter *** and then the gear indicator and you have the shifter housing. It's on the passenger side of the housing so you have to do some more gyrations (I think I removed the whole housing) but it's really not all that hard......kinda. Once you get to the solenoid you remove a snap ring and out comes the pin and armature. Done.

While you have everything torn up you can get to the tcase solenoid - or at least see it......

The problem with the tcase shift interlock is it can hang locking the gear selector - not letting you change from high to low (unlocked or locked) or neutral even though the solenoid has power to retract the pin. It sticks. Again we remove the guts of the solenoid to evermore prevent us from breaking something within arms reach.

Sorry for the book but this little affair is going to refresh every four letter non-public word you know and then some. And you thought the panhard was fun......

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (11-09-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 04:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Actually I very much appreciate the time you took to write that and explain.
Thank you.
Sounds like a days worth of fun, I don't have a day just yet but will consider this when I do! I've taken the console out before, PIA...too bad about the dual use wire....of course it would have been too easy that way.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:26 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Check out page 2 of this thread. There's some good pics with what and where the solenoid is.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...k-45193/page2/

The following users liked this post:
Detoured Discovey (11-09-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by fishEH
Check out page 2 of this thread. There's some good pics with what and where the solenoid is.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...k-45193/page2/

Thank you for that, that thread was helpful to me in more ways than one!

Old 11-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Camel Trophy

I also removed the key interlock. Pretty much a standard 60's Jeep/Scout/Bronco with an alarm and electric windows.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ihscouts
I also removed the key interlock. Pretty much a standard 60's Jeep/Scout/Bronco with an alarm and electric windows.

I'll look into that! Thanks!

Not having a day to spare, I did have 14 minutes............
Soo.....

I had a 42 kicking around, I designed and had some parts laser cut a couple months ago.......but no time. I found 14 minutes today and finally installed.

I'll tell you what, it's cleaner than I thought it would be.....truly digging it!
Name:  DSCF4551_zpsipenxain.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  411.5 KB

Name:  DSCF4553_zpsd3ybrn48.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  393.2 KB

I'll get a couple better pic's tomorrow as well as wire it up, but for now, winner-winner-chicken-dinner!!

Old 11-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Camel Trophy

Way to spend 14 minutes, just blends in with the roof line. Stealth bar.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:22 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Stealth is pretty accurate I'd say, especially when I put the cover over it!

Better pic......

Name:  DSCF4556_zpsvyiwzyiq.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  297.8 KB

Quick Reply: Super Model With Bad Crack Habit Rehab Build-