Defender Talk about the Land Rover Defender within.

building for comfort!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

You can get high quality carpet sets and some very nice looking seats from exmoor trim. They are carried by a variety of vendors here in the states Lucky8 LLC is one that is great to deal with. Exmoor stuff is great but it is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

Or you can go the cheap f*** route like me. I have a 83 110 station wagon with the oh so stylish brown burlap like interior.

I have picked up a set of front and rear seats out of a 98 volvo 850 wagon. Black leather heated and the best part is the rear bench has three shoulder harnesses built into the seat itself along with a child booster. It also has cartridges that hold a retractable cargo net barrier. It's going to take some work but the mounting should be fairly simple to sort out going off of my first trial fits. Dimensions on the seats work well with the usable space in both the front area of the 110 and the rear bench.

One of my 110 buddies that's local picked up a 1/4" thick sticky backed roll of sound deadner at Home Depot for cheap and lined the interior, behind the door cards, the entire roof, firewall and seat boxes with it and had a great improvement in the noise levels.

For Carpet I'm still looking at a couple of options but I will likely build my own carpet kit for the inside of the 110 as well.

Replace all the door seals, vent seals and the window felts to make sure they are not letting wind or in my case snow in. Along with this align and adjust all the doors so they actually seal when closed.

All the trim panels on the pillars in the 110 will be getting wrapped with either a nice black vinyl or black headliner material. The headliner has been cleaned throughly and been re-dyed a nice black to match the rest. I also picked up a TerraFirma overhead console. This adds a second domelight for improved interior illumination. I also replaced the factory land rover dome light with a nice led unit from of all place Meijer's (mid-west wal-mart competitor) for a $14. I'll be adding door switches to turn on the interior lights and putting a third one in the rear cargo area.

The great thing about series and Defenders is that they are a nice flat canvass you are pretty much only limited by your imagination and ability.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

That interior is amazing.............that goes on the list.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks ArmyRover, some really good tips there :-)