Defender Talk about the Land Rover Defender within.

CBP keeps us safe by destroying a LR Defender!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default CBP keeps us safe by destroying a LR Defender!

Yahoo!

Don't you feel much safer now?

Old 08-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Was covered in some previous threads. Those vile vehicles can not be allowed to establish a colony in this country. Detroit automakers have made many political contributions over the years, then there is the whole "Government Motors" alignment.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And MDOT lets SMART cars go over the Mackinaw Bridge... Good choice gov't . My tax dollars at work.

That 110's suspension kept bouncing back for awhile...

Old 09-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

they should try to register these things as farm trucks. most of the importers are farming, anyway. i've registered a couple of trucks with engines from tractors...

just a thought....

Last edited by dusty1; 09-02-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:56 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a good idea, Dusty1. I gotta check the vehicle registration rules in NJ state, like what does the vehicle actually need to be used for regarding farming? I'm pretty sure that I can grow crops on my land, but not raise livestock, so maybe I could register a Defender to haul seed or tow farm equipment? I'm not sure how much of a crop harvest is needed to qualify as a farm, and what portion of crop must be sold. Seems like a lot of work to legally own a Defender . Just a late night thought...

Old 09-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Magna Defender
That's a good idea, Dusty1. I gotta check the vehicle registration rules in NJ state, like what does the vehicle actually need to be used for regarding farming? I'm pretty sure that I can grow crops on my land, but not raise livestock, so maybe I could register a Defender to haul seed or tow farm equipment? I'm not sure how much of a crop harvest is needed to qualify as a farm, and what portion of crop must be sold. Seems like a lot of work to legally own a Defender . Just a late night thought...
yeah just seems like too much work. but i just said that they were used mainly for use on my property. I didn't grow anything. exempt from emissions, cheaper registration and insurance.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Mudding

That'd be great, if I could just include a general statement mainly for "use" on my property. But, I gotta check NJ rules on, if exempt from emissions, what are limits on where a Defender could be driven. As a LR owner, you're lucky to live in Texas. I might find myself down there someday shopping for one .

Old 09-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

That'd be great, if I could just include a general statement mainly for "use" on my property. But, I gotta check NJ rules on, if exempt from emissions, what are limits on where a Defender could be driven. As a LR owner, you're lucky to live in Texas. I might find myself down there someday shopping for one .
no limitations were put on any of my junk it, as long as the owner(me) of vehicle was operating it, otherwise it had to be used for related farm specified use. It has been a while but there might have been a vehicle weight requirement, maybe. I am sure that it varies from state to state. I have got a buddy that built one of those gasification stove things for his truck.....I still can not figure out how that thing gets inspected. burning wood to fuel your moving vehichle seems like a safety issue. but what do I know? imo, anyway you look at it, too much of a hassle.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Mudding

Yeah, but don't call your ride "junk"...especially if it has no limitations. One man's junk is another man's treasure ...especially when talking LRs, Defenders, trucks, tractors, and boneyards. Lol.

I'll check on any vehicle weight requirement, but Defenders prolly don't weigh that much more than Discovery or RangeRover. Idk, though.

And, I have no idea what a gasification stove is, nor how it is used to burn wood to power a vehicle and not set it on fire , but I'll Google it b/c I like to learn new stuff everyday. My initial thought reading your post was that farm workers could toast marshmallows or corn from the fields on the run , if they're still breathing despite the exhaust emissions. But, that's getting way off topic...

Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, but don't call your ride "junk"...especially if it has no limitations. One man's junk is another man's treasure ...especially when talking LRs, Defenders, trucks, tractors, and boneyards. Lol.

I'll check on any vehicle weight requirement, but Defenders prolly don't weigh that much more than Discovery or RangeRover. Idk, though.

And, I have no idea what a gasification stove is, nor how it is used to burn wood to power a vehicle and not set it on fire , but I'll Google it b/c I like to learn new stuff everyday. My initial thought reading your post was that farm workers could toast marshmallows or corn from the fields on the run , if they're still breathing despite the exhaust emissions. But, that's getting way off topic...
yeah, gotta check it out. i've ridden in it and feel it necessary to duct down when we pass the police. I always feel like we are doing something illegal
ha ha i meant duck

Last edited by dusty1; 09-03-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: duct

Quick Reply: CBP keeps us safe by destroying a LR Defender!