Landrover dash electronics haywire, - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Go Back  Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Land Rover > Defender
Reload this Page >

Landrover dash electronics haywire,

Defender Talk about the Land Rover Defender within.

Landrover dash electronics haywire,

Old 12-05-2018, 02:45 AM
Question Landrover dash electronics haywire,

Hello,
I am an aspiring mechanic on my mothers land-rover, I have basic skills in electrical and mechanical engineering, however i cannot for the life of me figure out why on this Land Rover Defender (TDI) 1995 the indicators are not working, or they work sporadically. I can get them to work if i turn the hazards on and then flip the indicator switch right after, but it seems the indicators cut off again after a while. Has anybody else encountered this problem on their Landi? I opened the dash cover to take took a look, nothing i could immediately recognize at fault, so i thought it best first to inquire here before i started opening up more things..
also, half of the car info dials on the dash don't work, but ill get into that later...

Thank you
mal

Old 12-05-2018, 03:35 PM

Mal,

(Presuming you are in USA) I would say start documenting for lemon law, but because it is a used (CPO), you cannot use this. Is the dealer covering these repairs, diagnosis, etc. under the CPO warranty, or are you paying for it?

Consider consulting with a local attorney if this starts going south IE: they cannot fix the car. To me it sounds like the owner from new experienced issues with the car and did not want to keep it, and you have now inherited some of that.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

DavC it is a 1995 I doubt any of that would apply

4 ways if memory serves are run through the turn signal switch. I would get my voltmeter out and start there