Defender Talk about the Land Rover Defender within.

water+defender=/= fun

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 08:45 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water+defender=/= fun

Hey guys!

Went out offroading a few days ago in my nearly stock defender. I misstakenly drove into an old small "river" with the fron and had both the headlight halfways under water. The backwheels on my 110 was on safe ground tho so the car was in an angle pointing down to the water so to speak. When I got it up again the engine was still running fine because I never turned it off, but the fuse for one of the headlight went out. I drove home and changed the fuse and found out that the bulb was also broken but thats no biggie I guess. I already know how to change that. The leveling motor for the headlight (dont know what they are called) was constantly changing the level of the beam when I turned the key so I took the connector on and off from the motor and now its working as it should again.

Now to my real problem.. The lights are on when I turn off the key for some reason.. I have no idea why. the position lights and the regular lights on low beam are all on even if I take the key out of the car. It has never done something like this before. It has now been a day and it's been out in the sun in 20 degrees for a couple of hours but the problem is still there.

Anyone thats ever had this problem? I have now disconnected the battery because I dont want to train it. The truck is a 1998 300tdi defender.

Cheers, Oskar

Old 06-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 129 Likes on 118 Posts

Short somewhere, keep drying it and check fuses/connections/ground