Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within.

Glass Science Glass Scrub

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glass Science Glass Scrub

Sometimes when it rains and the water just smears when you turn the wipers on, you automatically think, “Time for new wipers!” What some people don’t know is the wipers may be fine, but the windshield has a build up of road film on it causing the streaking. Glass Science has developed a product that will remove the road film, bug splatter, tree-sap, dirt, and more from your windshield without scratching. Glass Science Glass Scrub Auto Glass Stripper gently polishes your glass returning it to a smooth surface, allowing the wipers to glide across your windshield with ease. The smoother the glass, the smoother the water will flow across it reducing image distortion.

Application

The glass has to be wet when applying the Glass Scrub. If you do not have a hose handy you can use a spray bottle. I used the polishing side of the Final Step Foam Applicator Pad for this application. The applicator also needs to be damp before applying the Glass Scrub to it.

Apply the product to the damp pad then gently massage the product onto the surface in a circular and overlapping motion. As you apply the product to the glass you will notice a slight drag in the beginning. That is indicating the product is removing the contaminants from the glass. It will eventually become easier to move it once it has cleaned up everything.

Take a look at the dirt and road grime that was removed from half of the windshield.

Rinse the surface with water until it is residue-free. Dry the surface with a soft cloth. I used the Cobra Waffle Weave Glass Towel. They are made with the same soft microfiber as the polishing towels, but are woven to absorb the water and leave the surface streak free.

I sprayed water on the windshield to demonstrate the difference between the scrubbed half and the not scrubbed half. The water is running down the windshield in a smooth sheeting manner on the scrubbed side. On the not scrubbed side it is running down in lines; and in some cases, getting stuck on the windshield by dirt and road grime causing water spots, and vision distortion.

In total it took me a little less than 10 minutes to scrub this windshield clean. It mainly took that long because I was using a spray bottle to rinse the windshield. Having a hose will decrease that time drastically. The clarity speaks for itself.