Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

1997 Disco I SE no power to fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bagocheetohs
i smelled gasoline before all this happened...i smelled it after i fueled up on base...then a few days later, this **** happened...so i went to the cargo area and thats when i saw the locking ring was totally loose...maybe patrol is right in that a wire has been damaged since the pump module was dancing around in the tank...any ideas where i might be able to get one?
You can get a "Proline" drop in replacement from Rovers North:
LAND ROVER PARTS - FUEL PUMP/SENDING UNIT RANGE ROVER & DISCOVERY
CHEAP!

Else, you can get JUST the pump by using an Airtex replacement from Advance Auto for about $80...but that does not change any wiring issues....

I believe the Airtex is Part Number E3270 and it works WELL.

But Danny Lee's advice is the best way to proceed....

Old 04-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a very similar problem, and want to apply 12V directly to the pump to check if it is a power issue or a pump issue.
I am only getting 5V across any of the 2 plugs connected to the pump (97 d1 V8, gas, with EVAP).
Which one is power? The RAVE doesn't seem to indicate/describe the system with EVAP.
Thanks!!
Richard
PS I posted this as a separate thread as the year and likely the pump is different, so if I get a response, I'll post an update to both to help anyone else going through this nightmare!.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardT
I have a very similar problem, and want to apply 12V directly to the pump to check if it is a power issue or a pump issue.
I am only getting 5V across any of the 2 plugs connected to the pump (97 d1 V8, gas, with EVAP).
Which one is power? The RAVE doesn't seem to indicate/describe the system with EVAP.
Thanks!!
Richard
PS I posted this as a separate thread as the year and likely the pump is different, so if I get a response, I'll post an update to both to help anyone else going through this nightmare!.
I couldn't figure out which exact wire was the power, so I removed the fuel pump and applied power to the pump directly.

Some pumps have red and back, some have green and black. It's the red or the green for power. The wires go up to the top of the fuel pump, attach power there.

Good luck.