Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

265/75's w/ TF 2" lift with camel cut PICS PICS PICS PICS

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by thehun
Light Duty....I am sitting at 35.25" on the front and 36" in the rear
thanks for the info...I've been debateing but pretty much decided thats the one I want.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I love it. I think I know what i want to do with mine now!!! You are using the factory wheels? I was going to create a thread asking if the stock wheels would work with larger tires. How was it on the trails? Do you have any pictures?

Old 03-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It did flawlessly on the trails/rocks/water...I had jeep owners be amazed with how much the Disco did with so little. I fell in love again with the Rover...she did not have one hiccup.

I would never go rock climing without upgrade tie rods...just fyi

The Light Duty springs work really well..they feel very planeted. This rig is my daily driver..and really cant tell the difference between sways and no sways....no sways on the trail makes this rig amazing....no need for extended brake lines either...

I will agree with people...rovers have a certain way they behave on the trails...

Last edited by thehun; 03-16-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Mudding

It did flawlessly on the trails/rocks/water...I had jeep owners be amazed with how much the Disco did with so little. I fell in love again with the Rover...she did not have one hiccup.

I would never go rock climing without upgrade tie rods...just fyi

The Light Duty springs work really well..they feel very planeted. This rig is my daily driver..and really cant tell the difference between sways and no sways....no sways on the trail makes this rig amazing....no need for extended brake lines either...

I will agree with people...rovers have a certain way they behave on the trails...
Please tell me you have more pictures?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the power with the bigger tires, also any difference in MPG? I'm thinking about getting the same size in the next few months and wondering if I should save for new gears or not.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Winching

about the same mpg...no gears needed honestly..she loves wheeling with these tires in 4lo as well as 4hi....

Old 03-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Flip Wilson???

Originally Posted by ColoDisco
I didn't know we could do that! I am getting ready to buy a new spare tire and was planning on making a bracket.

Rig looks good!
Sorry but that is ONE advantage of the DII over the I.

The carrier on the DI is not flip-able.... having said that, you can flip it all you want... but it won't raise the mounting bolts / lugs for off the bumper for the spare.

Flip ya for real...

Old 03-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle

If you have steel wheel for a spare you can flip it inside out. I have a 33x12.50 on mine like that and i have about an inch gap between the tire an bumper. If you have the alloy wheel as a spare your kinda stuck modifying the bracket or getting an offset bracket

Old 03-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Winching

I just put my spare inside the cargo area when i go wheeling..otherwhise on the road i have roadside assistance..i dont mess with changing tires on the road

Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1 cut

Do you have more close ups of the cut? I have 65/75's on a D1 w/ 3" OME lift and still have rubbing issues after the cut and have the same body moulding trim

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

wheeled 8-10hrs with this at an off road park...no rubbing or any sign of problems...im glad i went with 265's

Quick Reply: 265/75's w/ TF 2" lift with camel cut PICS PICS PICS PICS