Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

8274 Winch mount?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:59 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
Haha...sorry but unless you have a 8ft or taller garage door no LR with a roof rack will fit into your garage, especially if you have a lift.
I dont even have a lift or bigger tires and I have sagging springs and I cant even fit into a parking ramp any more...at least not the one at the mall.
Downtown maybe.

Yeah, I know. I'm considering ripping out and lowering my garage floor, and angling my driveway down towards my house, so I can get a rack, and a lift, and still use the garage.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Anti, what you're saying is I need to find a Series Rover, so I can have something to carry the winch around on? Sweet!

Well Spike, I can wait for a while, because the money would definitely need time to accumulate! This is a great winch, but finding mounting options has proven to be a pain. I would really like to just spring for a bumper setup of some sort, but I can't really justify the expenditure.

I have no lift or anything, stock tires, probably a bit saggy springs, and I can only fit my D1 into one side of my garage. For some reason, the previous owners of my house decided to mount the garage door on my side lower than normal, so it doesn't even get me full clearance of the door opening. I don't know why they didn't plan on me wanting to park my Rover in there. Have some foresight, people!

Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually what I think anti was saying is that you should donate the winch to someone who is a disco lover but also owns a jeep to which it could mount. Someone like..............me! See then you could write it off on your taxes as charity.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by UpChuck

Well Spike, I can wait for a while, because the money would definitely need time to accumulate! This is a great winch, but finding mounting options has proven to be a pain. I would really like to just spring for a bumper setup of some sort, but I can't really justify the expenditure.
Thats fine, it will be a month or so before the first one is built, I need to save the money to buy the first sheet of steel.
The first one will go onto my truck, then after that I hope to ready to sell them by the end of the month early Oct.
Once mine is built I will need to get dimensions and weight so I can figure out the best shipping option.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

So Anti, what you're saying is I need to find a Series Rover, so I can have something to carry the winch around on? Sweet!
If you need more justification than that for a Series, I can't help you

Yeah, they are great winches, I have 3 of them.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by discomedic4
Actually what I think anti was saying is that you should donate the winch to someone who is a disco lover but also owns a jeep to which it could mount. Someone like..............me! See then you could write it off on your taxes as charity.
I disagree. Writing off the Jeep as charity would be a bigger tax write off than the winch. So...send it on over!

Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I disagree. Writing off the Jeep as charity would be a bigger tax write off than the winch. So...send it on over!
Well my attempt to hijack your winch backfired as I have no good argument to negate yours. So my only response is........

Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Rock Crawling

I don't want to deprive you, Medic. Keep the Jeep. I'll wait around and see what Spike's got up his sleeve with his bumper projects.