Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

97 disco seats swap possible

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011 | 03:49 PM
|
Mudding
Default 97 disco seats swap possible

Is it possible to install the power seats from a 97 disco into a non power seated 97 the seats are perfect ,what would I need to take from the donor car and does the wiring already exist on mine thanks

Old 11-28-2011 | 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

See https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...highlight=seat, wiring may already be there, snag switches if available.

279K on my 300TE...

Old 11-30-2011 | 06:19 PM
|
Mudding

yeah that is great but I hace the old sd with no power seats and I am wondering if the wiring is there in my car to hook up to the power seats , in the Volvo world they put everything there and you can add almost any up graded options ,just wondering if the disco was the same.

Old 11-30-2011 | 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

If it is there you'll see the connectors.

Old 11-30-2011 | 08:11 PM
Camel Trophy

Everything should be there except the relays. Snag the relays. You might have to dig for the connectors under the dash or might just be buried underneath the floor padding. Good luck. The relay racks should also be mounted under the seats, to a spot welded tab under each. A newer econbox Merc will have the seat switches... from the 1xx series I believe, they are exact, right down to the symbolic look of a seat bottom and back.

Old 12-01-2011 | 08:06 PM
|
Mudding

I got everything out of the donor truck today ,the wiring goes from the switches to the relay's under the drivers seat and then power goes over to the pass. seat .I do not remember seeing any of this wiring in my truck ,it will take a bit of work but the new seats are so nice it will be worth it . the best thing about leather is that the mud just wipes off ha ha.

Old 12-04-2011 | 04:28 PM
|
Mudding

I finished installing the seats and the wiring today ,The wiring went from the drivers side and the small group of relays then out and to both seat switches and then a strand of 8 wires goes over to the seat bottom of the passengers side, there was only two wires left over with nowhere to go one was a heavy brown wire and the other was a small red and green coloured wire. I put positive power to this wire but nothing worked ,is it possibly neg ,or does anyone know where the go off to ,I forgot to look at the donor car ,any help would be great thanks

Old 12-04-2011 | 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Pretty sure brown is ground.

Don't see red/green - might it be red/slate (gray)?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d1 seat wire.pdf (478.8 KB, 125 views)
Old 12-05-2011 | 07:44 PM
|
Mudding

Thanks for the wiring diagram ,I guess to me it does not makesense that it would be a ground because there is a collection of ground wires and a ground bolt right under the driver's seat. All the harness I took of was contained between the two seats and I just figured the brown must be a power wire becuse i could see not other way it would get the positive ,,I suppose I could power one of the white red wires and see what happens .i may have to go back out to the donor truck and try to see where it went thanks again ,I know it is likely something simple which I am over looking.

Old 12-12-2011 | 07:03 PM
|
Mudding

where can I find more of the wiring thanks

Quick Reply: 97 disco seats swap possible