Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

98 Disco sale help

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012 | 03:59 AM
Rock Crawling

Not sure how many Rover mechanics you'll find in the "center of the world", might be in luck if you're shopping for a crackhead, a mime, or a small hoard of hippies who think acting homeless will change the economy Just jerking your chain man, good luck with it but be very careful who you hire to fix it, especially in NYC.

Old 02-02-2012 | 08:06 PM
|
4wd Low

Ah Gentlemen,

I've spent extended time in Taos in NM, Big Sur in CA, Miami FL, New Orleans LA, London, Hong Kong, Capri in Italy, and the list goes on...

But the best place I've ever lived is Manhattan. Only in Midtown do you find the packs of people. They are all tourists (you can tell if they wear jean shorts and sneakers in a city. Or are obese.) and people that work there. This city is perfect. Bronx/Brooklyn/etc. different story.

To your other point, doesn't matter how much disposable $ one person has, being a sucker is being a sucker. I do my homework and it allows me to maintain as much disposable as possible. I'm sure you all understand.

In any event, thanks all.

Old 02-03-2012 | 01:04 AM

Been there, seen it, didn't care for it at all. And trying to find someone who genuinely cares about anything but themselves in NY. Really now.

Subways, the Bronx, who wants that scenery?

Do you have a good parking spot? Can you work on your own car there? Who wants that?

I did see some outstanding older Benz's listed here locally. The ones that were made in Germany. A really sweet 280S and a nice 420 SEL like I used to drive.

Old 02-03-2012 | 06:12 AM
Rock Crawling

The value of landroverforums.com is dropping faster than the U.S. Dollar.

Old 02-03-2012 | 08:14 AM

I agree that the contributions to our collective knowledge was infintesmially minute from this wasted efforts.

Usually Discovery owners are happy to host others for resolution of common problems, but I doubt there will be a Rover Fixing Party at his place anytime soon.

Old 02-03-2012 | 09:47 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by s10lowrider1994
Not sure how many Rover mechanics you'll find in the "center of the world", might be in luck if you're shopping for a crackhead, a mime, or a small hoard of hippies who think acting homeless will change the economy Just jerking your chain man, good luck with it but be very careful who you hire to fix it, especially in NYC.
Actually, being in NYC he's pretty fortunate. Just a few miles to the north of Midtown Manhattan is one of the best independent Rover repair shops I've every seen. British Auto Works and the mechanics who run that shop on Stillwell Ave. in the Bronx are factory trained Land Rover mechanics. They know what they're doing and their prices are more than fair considering NYC is one of the more expensive cities in the world to run a business.

Old 02-03-2012 | 10:00 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Been there, seen it, didn't care for it at all. And trying to find someone who genuinely cares about anything but themselves in NY. Really now.

Subways, the Bronx, who wants that scenery?

Do you have a good parking spot? Can you work on your own car there? Who wants that?

I did see some outstanding older Benz's listed here locally. The ones that were made in Germany. A really sweet 280S and a nice 420 SEL like I used to drive.
Ouch Danny Lee. You're painting a city of more than 8,000,000 people with a rather broad brush. I lived more than half of my life in and around Manhattan and the boroughs. You're really not being fair.

Old 02-03-2012 | 10:48 AM
TReK

njcct84.....I know how you feel about NYC. Sometimes we get rather too proud about this place.

I've had good experience with British Auto Works in the Bronx..
Land Rover Repair Service, BMW Repair | Bronx, NY

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer. Their rates are quite reasonable.

Good luck re-habing your rig. They are unique machines.

edit....Paul beat me to the punch...

Old 02-03-2012 | 10:49 AM
TReK

Who cares where you live. No one cares. What we want is to help you find the info needed to fix your LR, or inform you it isn't worth crap. If you need to go around telling people you live in the center of the universe instead of trying to fix your LR...well, we can't help you there. But if you want our help, then listen to our advice, shop around, and decide. Being in NY is not going to make you any smarter or better than us. If it did, you wouldn't have come here for answers. But having a LR puts you on the same field as us. Do your research, check out those shops Paul mentioned, see if you want to proceed with resurrecting your LR, or just cut your losses and purchase a D90 like you want to.

Old 02-03-2012 | 11:51 AM
Pro Wrench

Quick Reply: 98 Disco sale help