Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

AB Request for Group Discount

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
I had recently ordered the vacumn hoses for the valve covers to intake lines and an oil seperator and a couple of other items. They sent me an email follow up to see how satisfied I was. I responded back to them and welcomed their participation in our forum and asked them to offer a 15% discount to all of us Forum members.

If enough of you guys contact them letting them know you have a potential order of whatever magnitude (my avg purchase is 200 to 300 dollars every few months) and ask for a group discount I think we can sway them our way.

They could be either gaining or loosing a fairly significant amount of business monthly if we act as a group and present a united front in our purchasing. Think about it.

Discounts and special rates on shipping would be even better. Lets work together guys.

How many of you are making buys anytime soon? How many of you have followed suit and asked for a special deal asa Forumm member? What are you waiting for?>>>
I'm looking for a lift kit ( I'm currently shopping new vs used, if anybody's got one for sale), p/s hoses and several other stuff. It's sad because most of the time shipping is totally absurd. On a 25$ order, I was quoted 35$ for shipping to get my order home. It sometimes costs less to order parts from UK.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So get your fingers busy and hit them up. We could even approach Rovers North and pitt them against AB and see who will give Forum Members the best discount.

I have bought a lot of stuff from RN.

I want you guys to realize that if we approach this right we can all gain and so can whichever vendor that is willing to work with.

What are the rest of you waiting for?

I would be more than happy to attempt to broker such a deal if it would help. I don't think it can hurt to ask, especially if enough of you do the same!!!

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 04-08-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah like on the fuel filter kit its ten bucks to ship....not cool....free shipping is all i ask for..that is it

Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How about free parts...I could really use some free parts. Other than that, free shipping would be great, especially if the free shipping was for the free parts!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:56 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I always liked it when I would get free shipping on orders OVER a certain $$ amount. Then I would tell my wife I had to order more stuff!

Old 04-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
So get your fingers busy and hit them up. We could even approach Rovers North and pitt them against AB and see who will give Forum Members the best discount.

I have bought a lot of stuff from RN.

I want you guys to realize that if we approach this right we can all gain and so can whichever vendor that is willing to work with.

What are the rest of you waiting for?

I would be more than happy to attempt to broker such a deal if it would help. I don't think it can hurt to ask, especially if enough of you do the same!!!
I did. I told them that free shipping should be extended to canadian customers. All three largest suppliers (AB, Rovers North and Rovah Farm) are on the east coast and within a 400km radium from where I live, but I don't get why they overcharge shipping.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am shopping for trans cooler lines, terra firma lift kit, trans filter, oil cooler lines, power steering lines amongst other things not dealer specific. Depending on the discount they could get all my business.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Contact them and let them know that. We should flood them over the next week and see what they are willing to do!!!!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jull
I did. I told them that free shipping should be extended to canadian customers. All three largest suppliers (AB, Rovers North and Rovah Farm) are on the east coast and within a 400km radium from where I live, but I don't get why they overcharge shipping.
As a FedEx driver I can tell you why international shipping costs more...customs and paper work.
Everyone just plain old charges more to ship international, thats just the way it is.
I understand that you are only 400km's away, but its still another country.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AB is who I got to lower their price on the Amplifier(that's the ignition amplifier...forealz...lol) relocation kit from $399 to $149...so they seem to be reasonable people I am with you though they should offer the forum members a discount of some sort or in the least free shipping. PM will be sent right after this post.

Quick Reply: AB Request for Group Discount