Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

AB Request for Group Discount

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Winching
Location: Oklahoma; where the winds come rolling down the plains.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

AB is exactly what Roverheads need and they know it. There prices are always competitive and they carry almost everything. They are in the market to market Land Rover Drivers, why would they need to give a discount. What other business will offer what AB has to offer us. What we need to do is encourage more LR users to commit to purchasing strictly from AB. By word of mouth we can increase our main supplier and perhaps they will be in a more suitable position to support us with lower pricing and possibly zero shipping fees. I do think that once you become a customer to AB that they track your spending and encourage us to purchase more by specific discounted individual wish list needs. For instance; I recieve thier advertisement by email and at home. It is never personnal to my Land Rover needs just generic. If AB would create a folder for users to post thier parts wish list, perhaps they could offer specific individual prices to the LR user based on the amount of time he or she has been a customer and the amount of spending. Hope this makes sense. I would like to see a free T-shirt or LR item for my exterior. Hint! Hint!

Old 04-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

yeah, thats kinda what i was thinking, like aplace at check out where we could identify ourselves as forum memebers, so they can track how many of use are spending there. then AB might be more inclined to hook us up on a group deal when they see how many people that order from them are also forum members

Old 04-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i need a ton of stuff from them

bushings 200$
steering shock
shocks
transmission and oil hoses
coolant hoses
steel brake lines
spacer lifts. but it can wait

Old 04-19-2011, 06:29 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do they sell Diesel kits....(I wish...)

Last edited by Chris-bob; 04-19-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?

I think AB has done enough homework to keep ahead of the competion(well for the most part) so basically we are barking at a dead horse. It's simple economics really...they have what we need and offer it for semi-realistic prices so apparently unless their buisness comes to a grinding halt they are not gonna comply(I was apparently wrong in my original assesment of them) C'mon what are we gonna do refuse to buy from them and go back to getting done raw by the dealer(case and point I recently paid $1.95 each for those little black plastic door panel studs at the dealer A.B. sells them for $0.59 each)

Old 04-19-2011, 06:41 PM
TReK

I was always under the impression that a group rate/discount was for when a group of people all order an item. If a high enough quantity of the item sells, then the seller gives a discount. I think asking for discounts from them for a large number of people with different shopping lists is not going to get much of their attention.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
Do they sell Diesel kits....(I wish...)
You might want to check this out:

Land Rover Import - 300tdi, 200tdi, Diesel Conversion

They're located in BC which is closer to you than any other supplier of diesels.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:50 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah. Group buys are like when ten people need a clutch. They all order them and the company takes off 10-15% for quantity. I'm also down for that If we can get enough off something. Doesn't have to be AB. Who else needs tires? What it we hit up bf goodrich or treadwright?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
We should tell them in mass that all future orsders from them are "On Hold" until they IMPLEMENT whatever promotional discount or group deals or whatever they are contemplating. They need to review their business models and use the SWOT (Strength, Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats) Analysis and realize the potential business volume they are being so nonchallent about acquiring with the mere offer of a reasonable discount that is reflective of our group purchasing power. I say BOYCOTT AB until they provide such!!!!
REALITY CHECK: why would a company that is being threatened by you to stop business WANT to work with you? You started off with the right idea, potentially helping them by organizing a large group of buyers (not nearly as large as you appear to believe, especially for AB) and helping AB close the sale with some sort of additional promotion.

Maybe put a poll up in the thread to see how large of a business volume you think they are missing out on...i'm not sure how them joining the forums, taking time to answer some questions, posting their sales/discounts/promotions, and hearing your requests AND considering them is being "nonchallant" about your business...which keep in mind, they ALREADY have from most everyone here.

Either way, your SWOT analysis sucks... but yes, you are giving them another opportunity to grow customer satisfaction, even if the customer is annoying and demanding!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Jull
You might want to check this out:

Land Rover Import - 300tdi, 200tdi, Diesel Conversion

They're located in BC which is closer to you than any other supplier of diesels.
Seen that site many times. Talked with them and all sorts. It is actually cheaper and easier to get the stuff from their California site then it is from their Vancouver site. Thanks Customs...

Quick Reply: AB Request for Group Discount