Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

AB Request for Group Discount

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dragging up a old post to keep it alive.

I just messaged them. Parts I need currently for my rover come to $416. I will see what they offer me.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:55 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
As a FedEx driver I can tell you why international shipping costs more...customs and paper work.
Everyone just plain old charges more to ship international, thats just the way it is.
I understand that you are only 400km's away, but its still another country.
If you are that close, you could drive there...

Old 04-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could but I'd have to plan a whole day. I shopped around and found some local Rover specialized shops which have really good deals. I found a Super Gaz HD suspension kit for 437$ CDN. That's almost 100$ lower than AB when on sale.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:30 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any replies?

I love AB - they're always fast getting my stuff to me, and their prices are good.

I'm not a fan of a vendor subscribing to a forum with a small group of enthusiasts knowing they will get pounded with PMs, and not standing by to answer them. Don't get into the forums if you don't have the ability to participate.

I'll still buy from them... I'm just sayin.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:27 PM
LR Forum Vendor
Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank you for all of the suggestions and personal messages. All have been read and all considered.

While a number of ideas have been discussed, nothing is set in stone and we will not be able to offer any promises or projected timeframes for promotions at this time. Promotions or discounts like many of those suggested take considerable planning and coordination.

We welcome the continued comments and personal messages regarding promotions, however it should be noted that no quantity of messages (small or large) will be able to expedite this process.

We enjoy learning new things from the forum community and do our best to throw our own .02 into various threads and discussions when we feel we may have some useful insight. Obviously we’re a vendor but we’re also a staff of enthusiasts, mechanics and engineers with decades of Rover experience. We are happy to field suggestions regarding promotions, but we really enjoy reading the Rover conversations and contributing to the exchange of ideas.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 04-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I love that you care. I am still a couple weeks from buying all my parts. Hopefully you come to some consensus before then. I will call in directly if we do not hear back.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like their response blew us off as far as any "Special Considerations" such as a group Discount. Months of co-ordinations? Sounds like corporate Lingo to me. We welcome the continued comments and personal messages regarding promotions, however it should be noted that no quantity of messages (small or large) will be able to expedite this process.

Might as well say stop bothering us. What about no quantity of orders Large or small!!!!!!

Too bad they cannot make a decision and put it in place in a timely manner. I find that VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 04-19-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

well, i still need o2 sensors and breather tubes and all sorts of other stuff, at least now i can shop around for price.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Sounds like their response blew us off as far as any "Special Considerations" such as a group Discount. Months of co-ordinations? Sounds like corporate Lingo to me. We welcome the continued comments and personal messages regarding promotions, however it should be noted that no quantity of messages (small or large) will be able to expedite this process.

Might as well say stop bothering us. What about no quantity of orders Large or small!!!!!!

Too bad they cannot make a decision and put it in place in a timely manner. I find that VERY DISAPPOINTING.
I agree.. the alternative is I buy all my parts from a local source which is free shipping. Being in the biz I get a pretty good discount.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We should tell them in mass that all future orsders from them are "On Hold" until they IMPLEMENT whatever promotional discount or group deals or whatever they are contemplating. They need to review their business models and use the SWOT (Strength, Weaknesses Opportunities and Threats) Analysis and realize the potential business volume they are being so nonchallent about acquiring with the mere offer of a reasonable discount that is reflective of our group purchasing power. I say BOYCOTT AB until they provide such!!!!

Quick Reply: AB Request for Group Discount