Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Another Source for O2 Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Another Source for O2 Sensors

Gentlemen,

Thought I would share this info with you. I was need of two new O2 sensors for my NON AEL early 97 Discovery. I had searched and got the recent info posted by Tom regarding odering Amazon.com. The version I needed were listed for 90 bucks each.

I was searching to see if I could find a better price due to my limited income these days. I called Will Tillery to see what he might have. Turns out Will has some "good" used one as well as new ones.

We talked a couple of minutes and Will is sending me two plug and play used ones with a one year warranty (same as you would get on new ones) for a grand total of (are you ready for this?) 45 bucks includes shipping.

I could not pass that up. Was not aware he even handled O2 sensors. He had new ones for the AEL for 75 bucks each, or 4 used ones for 80.

If any of you need O2's Give a call to Will. He knows his stuff about our Discoveries. Just be sure you have all the info on hand when you call him, he stays busy.

A local friend of mine who has a DII had just called him for front springs. Will is sending him 2 springs for 75 bucks. Heck of a price.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

That's amazing. I was getting ready to bite the bullet on oems because I bought a cheap off amazon and it crapped out in a year. I figured I was gonna do both upstream sensors and was getting ready to drop 240! That's awesome. Thanks Danny

Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bingo

Good info...hopefully I won't have to replace mine for a while longer, but Will is definitely the man! I didn't know he did o2's either, but anytime I ask him about anything, he seems to have it and prices quickly and ships even quicker!

Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by turf63
That's amazing. I was getting ready to bite the bullet on oems because I bought a cheap off amazon and it crapped out in a year.
NTK is OEM for Land Rover. There's no reason to pay extra for the white box printed with "Land Rover".

Yeah, Will is a good guy to deal with.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Baja

Does anybody have any Been There Done That experience with replacing the O2 sensors they could share. Have never dealt with them before, any advice?

Old 04-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you on my 99 the plugs were a real PITA to get to to get unclipped. Other then that a pretty easy straight forward job.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Baja

What is the easiest access to the connectors? Is that what you had trouble unclipping?

Old 04-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if the non AEL plugs are in the same place but the connectors were behind the heads on top of the bell housing on mine. Just took a little while and cussing to get my hands in there to unplug them. I ended up breaking the tab that held it to the firewall so its zip tied up and out of the way and easier access if they need replaced again. I also just used a line wrench instead of the special socket, once it broke loose i just used a regular open end to finish removing them.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rockauto.com has NTK O2s w/ AELS for $55.79 a piece.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Baja

Mine is NON AEL. Same as the 96, mine is an "early" 97. Cheapest I could find for that version was over 90 each.

I trust will, he even gave me a 1 year warranty, same as on a new one.

Quick Reply: Another Source for O2 Sensors