Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Apocolypse? NO problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope there are Zombies, I watch Zombie movies and want to be the guy behind the wheel runing those bastards over in a school bus that I've welded a huge plow to.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:55 PM
TReK
Received 420 Likes on 351 Posts

Funny stuff fellas. I live in NYC. Manhattan to be specific. The nuts are all over the place. Handing out pamphlets in the subways, posting large signs, etc.

I wonder, though...if I was convinced tomorrow would be the end of the world there is no f'n way on earth I'd be handing out pamphlets in the subway. There'd be no money in the bank, no booze left in my place (and that is a LOT) and I'd be in the nicest beach I could find.

Unfortunately, nothing that exciting is likely to happen and I'll be back to work on Monday. Oh well, maybe I'll get drunk this weekend!

Take care boys (and girls).

Old 05-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Walt. I'd this guy a friend of yours?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-1la...e_gdata_player

Old 05-20-2011, 07:11 PM
TReK
Received 420 Likes on 351 Posts

Nah, never saw that particular freak. But there is this one guy. He rides the shuttle between Grand Central and Times Square. Plays a beat up guitar and sings songs about how he loves Jesus. Repeats the same verse, over and over and over and over.... It is about a 2 minute ride but whenever I'm in the same car as this guy I just want to do what Belushi did to that folk singer on the stairs in Animal House. SMASH!

Old 05-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Mudding

Yeah, no ****e, I want to walk up to one of these "Fanatics" and ask them for the keys and Title to their car and house because..........well they wont be needing such things in heaven right??. Then when he doesnt want to give me his car and house I will ask "Why, dont you have faith". Then on Sunday when I wake up to the sun in my face I want to go to their house and ask "what happened". BUT I'm sure just like they always do there will be some "grand reason and divine plan" why it didnt happen as they had planned. If you believe in God and Jesus, then good for you, its just like gays in my book....I DONT CARE WHAT YOU DO IN YOUR OWN TIME, JUST DONT PUSH IT ON ME OR MY FAMILY. It's THESE religious freaks that really give a bad name to religion in general. IF I was really religious I'd be really pissed at these folks for calling Wolf.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

You guys are crazy, all I have is 20 gal of treated fuel, no less than 1/2 tank of fuel in the truck at all times, Winchester 20 gauge with 100 rounds, Bersa .380 with 100 rounds, Zippo with extra lighter fluid and flints, machete, axe, chainsaw, and $1000 cash (end of the world you better believe your debit card ain't goona work)
We are surrounded by fresh water so thats no problem, hunting and fishing is no problem, food can be had.
Think Red Dawn, only with a Land Rover and enough fuel to get 500+ miles to anywhere.
Always keep your truck in top repair if it is your Apocalypse vehicle.
And have a exit plan and several routes mapped out, GPS might not work, so a plain old compass and paper maps are knowing how to use them are essential.
I have our "safe zone" mapped out, and its a secret.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yah I'm missing the extra fuel but have pretty much everything else, including the direction/route already mapped.

Winchester 12ga
Beretta .40 cal
Walther PK380 for the wife
Old 9mm, car gun
Einfield 303 for the Zombies
Marlin .22 for the smaller game

Good to go.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

That remind's me, I forget to add my Ruger 10/22 with a 30x scope and 500 rounds of ammo.
When I was a kid I could literally shoot a kitchen match in half from 50 yards with that thing, literally.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Three Wheeling

I need to set up our bug out kits. I live west of Denver on a mountain surrounded by forest. I at least need the bags ready as well as my important documents in a fire safe in case of fire evacuation.

BTW the End of the World tomorrow is going to be when my Denver University Pioneers beat Johns Hopikins in the NCAA playoffs and advance. Muaahhahahaa

Old 05-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really need to make a Bug Out Bag. I know my safe place though.

Quick Reply: Apocolypse? NO problem