Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Bound up rear sway bar...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket
im assuming just a longer section that connects the bar to the rear axle...

wheel, did you ever end up running without the bar?

are you keeping the front bar on?
Yes, that section.

I did...I actually tried it on my own. My thought was, at the moment, to see what it felt like with only me in there.

I drove around my area, did about a 25 mile tip. First section, the freeway to the next town over the hill. Second section, from the town to home though the back roads. On the freeway it was perfectly fine. I didn't notice any difference while switch back from lane to lane, and fast sweepers. It was when I got to the back roads which I notice the difference. The read leans and you can completely feel the "lean". It was cool and all, but my wife drives this....mind you her first car what a Toyota AE86...that's how she drives all our cars.

So yeah, all the bars are staying on. Haven't got around to do the disconnects yet. Just trying to get around all the continual maintenance stuff that comes up.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool, interesting to hear some feedback.
this thread has me thinking mine might be coming off for good... although towing has me second guessing that idea, but we'll see what happens.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to bump this up from the archives, but i figured id respond here versus starting a new thread.

i had a chance sunday to take the sways off and drive around town and on the highway. no real change on the highway, although it (as would be expected) handles single wheel sharp bumps better around town and on side roads.
requires a little more attention paid on sharp on and off ramps on the highway, but otherwise not bad.

will be putting 300 or so highway miles on it this weekend and doing some wheeling... im sure itll be even better off road now.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think youy will be happy with the improvement off-road and I agree with you about any high speed highway exit ramps and such.

Pittsburgh now has some "new" elevated ramps connecting major arteries and you literally are going between a couple of skyscrapers several stories off the ground and making a sudden swing in a different direction and approaching a chganging traffic light. Gets rather exciting as high up as we sit anyway.