Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

CD Err

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 03:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default CD Err

The under seat CD changer in my 98 knows which trays have a CD in them and will try to load a CD several times (judging from the sound) and then gives the "Err" message on the head unit. Other radio functions seem to work fine.

Any suggestions on what to check on the CD unit?

Old 12-31-2014, 09:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My does exactly the same thing. Just upgraded my Harley bagger to a pioneer app touch screen stereo so the old pioneer off it will go in the Disco. Already has Aux and is iPod ready. Gives me an excuse to fix the non working speakers. I scored some nice Memphis audio 5.5's and small sub for the rear hatch.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up CD Err "fixed"

Originally Posted by USNAVYORDNANCE
My does exactly the same thing. Just upgraded my Harley bagger to a pioneer app touch screen stereo so the old pioneer off it will go in the Disco. Already has Aux and is iPod ready. Gives me an excuse to fix the non working speakers. I scored some nice Memphis audio 5.5's and small sub for the rear hatch.
I hate to admit this, but I "fixed" my under seat CD changer by noticing and reading the words on the clear plastic trays that say to put the CDs in up side down with the labels down! By doing that and then remembering to cose the sliding door and it was playing CDs.

If you did like I did and tried it with the CD labels up, turn them over and yours may play too. Boy do I feel dumb.