Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

CD/Radio Code not working...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD/Radio Code not working...

I'm trying to fix my ole' Disco 1 up to sell it and I can't get the radio to work. Who wants to buy a Landy without the radio? No one, right?! I have the code that came with the truck when I bought it, and I remember using it the first time I had to disconnect the battery to work on the engine. Now, however, after replacing the battery the code doesn't work. I've tried multiple times making sure I follow the manuals express directions. Nothing. Any help?

Also, and I know this is obscure, but I'm fixing my left rear passenger window. In the track that holds the glass is a small plastic nut that slides back and forth covered in grease. This nut is broken. Without it, the arm that the motor operates is useless and the window doesn't work. Can I replace just the plastic nut? Or must I replace the whole regulator/motor, etc.?

Hey thanks guys, in advance.
D

Old 09-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

That is not a nut it is a plastic roller, yes you can just replace it.
You will either have to fork over $30 for a new brass roller or make/find your own.
Do a search on here, others have dont this with various bits.

As for the stereo code, I have no idea.
Let it sit for a bit and then try again.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Drifting

check your alarm fuse, thats what got my code to work

Old 09-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Mudding

if you enter the wrong code it locks you out. I was having trouble getting my code to work and took it to the dealer (bad idea). They said I needed a new radio. I searched the forums and found out you need to leave the radio on for a few hours, then try the code again.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You have to leave the radio on, with the key on for at least an hour before it will let you enter the code correctly. 3 times and it is locked and you have to wait...

As for the roller, if you can find all of the pieces, use a 2 part plastic epoxy to get it back together. I held the pieces together with a pair of round jawed vice grips and turned them every so often so it didn't sieze on the shaft. Then take a file and round out any excess... Has held for 2+ years now..