Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

center console removal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Part Number
Price
Brand
Note
Fit
BTR9926LNF
$130
Land Rover
for Automatic Transmission
94~99 Discovery I
95 Range Rover lassic
97 Defender
We offer competative prices for the identical parts and accessories. Please inquire for details.
All prices are in U.S. dollars. All transactions must be completed in U.S. dollars.
If you reside outside of the United States, please email for availability and shipping estimate.
Utah Residents: state and local sales tax will be added to your total at the time your order is processed.

Thats what a new one cost, so I would say you got an excellent deal.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i was pretty stoked when they told me the price. it's not perfect but it's 100% better then what my truck came with.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you get it back together I suggest using the correct bulbs that backlight the shifter indicators. Part # is STC 881, my bulbs were stamped VCH 1112 on the glass. A lot of folks use anything that fits the socket from a local auto parts store, but I found the wattage on those bulbs too high and the bulbs way too hot for the application. The only place I could find the 12V 0.1A bulbs (1.2 watts) was the dealer at $1.69 each.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Mudding

Thanks for the heads up, one of mine is out so I need to replace them.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:26 PM
2nd Gear

mine too..once u remove the transfer case shift **** and boot, there are 2 screws visible under it. remove them and the entire wood surround comes forward and upward. back part where switches are just have clips that slide out.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Overlanding

I have 98 Disco. I am just putting back together, the center console. I am having trouble with the parking brake. it just will not "click", racket - stay in place.

I can 're-set' the lever (pin in the lever) that goes on the gear and it's moves/clicks - but once I touch the release button - it goes up in the handle and does not reset. Does this make sense?

Was there a spring on something in there, that 'popped out' (which I did not see and is now lost)? I can get the clevis pin and clip in and out. But, no matter I do with the handle it just will not click.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Yes, the parking brake, worked fine, before I took out the console.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dan,

I noticed yours does not have the heater switches for the front heated seats. My understanding is that the heater elements are in the leather seats as well and that you just need to pick up a pair of switches and plug them in. There is a different plastic piece for the additional holes for the switches. When you go back to the junkyard see if they have the switches and if they do, you should grab extra window and seat swithes as those cost a fortune from a supplier. New seat switches run over a hundred bucks each too.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Dan,

I noticed yours does not have the heater switches for the front heated seats. My understanding is that the heater elements are in the leather seats as well and that you just need to pick up a pair of switches and plug them in. There is a different plastic piece for the additional holes for the switches. When you go back to the junkyard see if they have the switches and if they do, you should grab extra window and seat swithes as those cost a fortune from a supplier. New seat switches run over a hundred bucks each too.
yea thats just disco II. I actually just replaced the seat diaphragms with exmoor ones and there's nothing in my seats at all. i'll end up fitting a universal kit before next winter, was thinkin of doin it now but she's down for a transfer case, and thats a little more important then a warm *** haha. hopefully i'll have that installed sometime this week and she'll be back on the road.