Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Colored Wiring diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you could do that but as a professional I would suggest against it. Basically by doing that your first click and second click would do the same thing. As for why I would not do it, because of current draws, when you turn the light switch to the first click it is designed to send out the amount of power to operate all circuits on the red wire only (parking lights/dash lights), this red wire is smaller than the blue/red headlight wire because the circuits on the red wire do not draw nearly as much current as the headlights, by tying those wires together every time you turn the switch to the first click you will be drawing quite a bit more current through the parking light circuit wires than they are designed to. will this start a fire? probably not but it may pop a fuse every time you flip the switch, regardless of the possible complications of just shorting the two circuits together my design utilized the relay to isolate the 2 circuits and avoid this situation as well as keeping it like it is supposed to be.

hope that I didn't lose anyone there!

Old 02-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why we have relays

Thanks Chris, I am now going down to the parts store for the electrica relay....I also thought better of the splice also because of the potential damage to the blinker switch with the extra current draw.

Could you also do me the favor of spelling out step by step how to reset the radio,cassette code.....I want to be sure that my unit is broken before replacing it. I will post this request again on a new thread. Mark