Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Disco 1 alarm trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco 1 alarm trouble

Hi all! I have had no previous trouble with the alarm on my disco 1. Been using today, no probs. Got home from work and used the fob to lock the doors and set the alarm, no probs. The wife goes out 30 minutes later and has trouble opening the doors with the fob and so resorted to using the key to unlock the doors, this of course caused the alarm to go off. After sounding for 30 seconds or so the alarm stopped but then went off again every time she moved in the landy. But now for some reason the landy does not respond in any way when using the fob. The alarm is still set but there is no red light on the dash. Not sure what the problem is but as I need the car fow work tomorrow I wondered if anyone knew how I could disable / disconnect the alarm all together? I can then look at it in more detail when I have time at the weekend. Cheers.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try hitting the inertia switch, pass side firewall. Also download the RAVE, you'll be much happier.

http://www.landroverresource.com/doc...hop_Manual.pdf

Old 02-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Uh Oh, Savanna, you want to chime in?

Volumetric protection
Using the handset transmitter will turn on and off
volumetric protection. In volumetric mode the vehicle
interior is protected using the ultrasonic sensor. Using
the handset also arms and disarms the vehicle
perimetrically. Cranking is disabled when volumetric
and perimetric protection is armed.
NOTE: If armed volumetrically the vehicle
CANNOT be disarmed using the key.

Old 02-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Yep, this is a bad time for the fob to go missing. Volumetric means motion detection, so that is why it picked her up moving inside the car. If you read the text in the RAVE, they tell you all about this wire and that wire and such, but then they tell you than in vehicles not equipped a jumper is between X and Y.. We also have some alarm write ups in the tech section.

I'd trade my alarm for an oil pressure and accurate temp gauge....

Old 02-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The fob probably has bad solder joints on the back side of the battery cage. You can resolder them if that is the case. Are you sure the battery in the fob isn't just dead?

Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Overlanding

Thanks for the replies peeps. The fob seems OK in that it lights up as bright as always when pressed, so I`m failry sure it`s not the fob. Strange that it was OK for me but then wouldnt disarm for the wife 30 mins later.

Last edited by manamaga; 02-23-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's the built in Wife is in the driver's seat alarm mode.

My fob got really testy so I totally quit using it and only use the key now to avoid volumetric issues.

I would prefer it not even have the immob feature. I remember Eric saying he killed his immob features, I have not yet looked into that.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Rock Crawling

try uncle spike fix... lock,unlock for 5 times that should cut it off

Old 02-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Overlanding
Talking

Originally Posted by JumPeR04
Thats just it, it wont, there is no response to the fob at all. Tried new batteries. I fitted new batteries and still no joy. Still no red light on the dash, even though the alarm is armed. However, yesterday I thought I would disconnect the landy`s battery for a few mins and reconnect, in the hope it would 'reset' the system somehow (I`ve heard of weirder things!). Reconnected the battery, still no dash light and alarm sounded when I opened the door. I closed the door and locked it with the key and stood thinking for a minute, during which time, the landy took it upon itself to unlock, lock then unlock again!! Curious as to why it did this but I opened the door again and no alarm!! It was now disarmed. I dont know if this was as a result of me disconnecting the battery or what, but I have left it as is now and binned the fob!! I`ll stick with the key from now on and remove the alarm when I get more time.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JumPeR04

He means using the key in the door, lock then unlock five cycles to clear the alarm. Not the fob, but the key.

Quick Reply: Disco 1 alarm trouble