Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Discovery 1 overheats after long term use or at Red lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011 | 08:06 PM
Pro Wrench

Agreed. OP's 1st post. May not know about the search function. A little kindness can go a long way. Hell, if he becomes a regular member because he appreciates the comradery here, he might eventually be one of the members answering questions and offering advise!

/is a member and offering advise on what I know about because of the comradery I found on this board even before I bought my Disco.

Old 08-24-2011 | 08:10 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Spike555
What I'm still trying to figure out is why this guy has a little dude next to his thread and it says "moderated" and his post count has not gone up.
99.99% of the time that little dude and "moderated" means spam, but he has yet to say/ask anything to warrant banning.
However, I am keeping my eye on him.
First sign of trouble and he's gone.

Who are you taking about Spike? The OP's stats show he joined yesterday, and this is his first post.

Old 08-24-2011 | 08:18 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
Who are you taking about Spike? The OP's stats show he joined yesterday, and this is his first post.
No he has been around and has posted questions before.
Notice the little dude in the thread title on the main page?

Old 08-24-2011 | 08:29 PM
Pro Wrench

No? All I see is the smiley face icon before the thread title. I'm not using a smart phone or anything; just a normal computer. Maybe "the little dude" only shows up for Super Moderators? I can post a screenshot of what I see if wanted.

Old 08-24-2011 | 09:00 PM
Team Owner

No, no screenshot needed.
Notice tho that he has posted at least 2 times in this thread and his count has not changed.

Old 08-24-2011 | 09:08 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Spike555
No, no screenshot needed.
Notice tho that he has posted at least 2 times in this thread and his count has not changed.
I want some of what you're having!

I only see one post by the OP.

Point taken about the kindness.

Old 08-24-2011 | 09:26 PM
Winching

I spoke too soon on my overheat issue...I knew better but I didn't change my fan clutch when I replaced everything as it was fine 2mos ago. Got hot on me today and sure enough, fc just spun and it was hot so if this doesn't fix it I'll be doing the head gasket. If that doesn't work I'll be listing her for parts

Old 08-24-2011 | 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

When you do the fan clutch, be sure to write in black marker on the fan hub whch side goes toward radiator. Cupped side of blades goes toward block. The Hayden/Imperial 215157 listed in the tech sticky is the standard duty clutch, I also found they have a 215158 that is also for a 4.3 liter Chevy, but is extreme duty, and still six inch size. I am in test mode with it, I installed it fine, it cools, but it won't go out of "full power" mode. Going to swap out tomorrow.

Old 08-24-2011 | 09:36 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Banzai Jimmy
I want some of what you're having!
Amen!
I almost made a comment about Spike seeing "little dudes" next to message titles but I resisted. IMHO, if Spike sees "little dudes" on his computer screen, and can still supply knowledgeable information on Landys, then I am ok with ignoring whatever psychedelic drugs he may be using.

Old 08-24-2011 | 10:27 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Disco 1 owners have an advantage in that the radiator is a sturdy brass and copper affair, and can be cheaply rodded out. They un-solder a side tank, and push small rods thru the tubes to knock out the calcium. Try to find an indy shop that does tractors and heavy equipment - that's their boat payment, not your little teapot. Easy to pull radiator yourself.
FALSE,
I needed my radiator rodded out and they wanted $65.00. Then I get this call, telling me that It is going to be a lot harder and more time consuming then originally expected. They then want $500.00 to do it. I said nope and bought a new one from bp Utah... Just so you know.

Quick Reply: Discovery 1 overheats after long term use or at Red lights