Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Finally had some time off Lifted/ 235/85 and wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by COOTER-GUY
Both of our careers are good choices when the economy is up, nothing like things used to be when work was all over. I really enjoy my job taking things that don't work on blueprints and paper and making them reality. I have put countless hours into one off parts in some of these places that no one will ever see or know what thought it took to get it working.
I have to say, seems pretty good even in this economy. It was bad for about 6 months but now Im seeing ALOT of jobs pop up. Here in louisiana and in iowa and illinois etc.

That should look EXACTLY how my truck will be with 235/85. Im still stuck between 235/85 and 255/85 with either one I would want more lift.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

get us another photo from the front with both spacers on.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great, but, it looks like the tire would rub the rear of the front quarter. is that the trimming your talking about?

Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you provide a link to the spacers? That looks very nice!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ngarover
Looks great, but, it looks like the tire would rub the rear of the front quarter. is that the trimming your talking about?
The only places it appears to rub is the front corners of the plastic bumper caps as the axle goes forward as it compresses, and the lower portion of the rear quarter behind the tire. The bumper I am just going to make a template and cut both sides to match since I am going to build a bumper I just want it to look decent till then. As for the rear I am going to lightly trim it until I get my flares installed but it will have plenty of room to flex when finished.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by jdhuegel1
Can you provide a link to the spacers? That looks very nice!
No problem, I was kinda worried about what the quality would be but they are very nice pieces fully cnc'd with good quality studs and install hardware.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Old 01-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by COOTER-GUY
No problem, I was kinda worried about what the quality would be but they are very nice pieces fully cnc'd with good quality studs and install hardware.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Sweet, thanks!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch
get us another photo from the front with both spacers on.
I will get you some more pics of the front and rear when I get out of the house today it is snowing like crazy at the moment. I was thinking about larger tires when I started getting parts together for this build, but after reading all the geometry problems caused with going over the 2.5" lift point I decided to just stick with what was not so extremely costly for right now. I think I have right at 14" of ground clearance maybe a little more. Unless I am gonna run up the edge of a cliff that is enough to push this rig anywhere I want it to go and some places that it should never be. Much more lift without the wheel base getting at least 5" wider per side would be too top heavy for my taste and probably not stable enough to do much offroading at all.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Winching

my only concern is those lugs...those are cheapy steel lugs...truck looks great

Old 01-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by thehun
my only concern is those lugs...those are cheapy steel lugs...truck looks great
They are just like the lugs used on steel wheels. I have had them on and off a few times with no problems, have the thread pitch and everything stamped in them so not too cheap in my opinion. Once they are tight it is nearly impossible for them to ever come off as the lug holding the spacer on is captive behind your actual wheel

Quick Reply: Finally had some time off Lifted/ 235/85 and wheel spacers