Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

fixed my cdl and went offroad

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys it was a blast....I enjoyed listening to the truck in the forest

Old 04-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey instg8r I PM'ed you

Old 04-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Mudding

pm'd back

Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jacumja
No crap Danny you don't say the holes get deeper and sloppier? Not just the mud holes though, the a holes do also.

Hey *******: This one's for you dude, get over it. You might not have liked my comments but they were not a personal assault on you. Do you think it is fair to keep messing with me? GROW UP DUDE.

YouTube - The ******* Song By Jimmy Buffett

Most of the people on here have a sense of humor, maybe you will grow one some day, if you live that long!

HERE'S AN EVEN BETTER VERSION:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=komFc...eature=related

Bottom Line is I bear no GRUDGE. If I offended you, it was not intentional. It is time for you to accept that and show some dignity, if you know what that is........

I extend my apologies to the rest of you guys for this continued exchange with the deranged, I guess he got mad and decided to show me he is BAD, how funny...........

Anyway, Keep on Rovering

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 04-26-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

My buddy just ordered the same headers you have from toddco, did you get yours pretty quickly? The guys over at toddco trustworthy? Also, curious how you rigged up your ss exhaust? truck sounds great!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Default Utube cdl videos

GUYS,

utube has some excellent CDL Videoes. Here's one that shows an air operated option:
YouTube - Air Shifter CDL

Here's another one:
YouTube - How Diff Lock Works and When To Use It

His demonstration of the difference Momentum makes is worth remembering, that is the key to not getting stuck.

Hope some of you benefitted from this.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by instg8r

Just a couple of observations here: The pictures show there was a lot of mud and water in the shift mechanism. I filled mine with Lucas Red Tractor Grease upon completion then slipped one of those rubber plumbing vent seals over it under the rubber gaiterf to help keep out the muck. Here's a pic of mine after the rebuild.

It's been three years or so now and it works fine still.

12-30-08 012 pictures from rides photos on webshots

Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Three Wheeling

instg8r, nice to see another gold/chrome rover, if you only had the chrome A bar, we would be twins. You should loose the air dam though, if you dont remove it nature will. Sounds great too, i run flowmaster super 40's with no cats, sounds pretty close to that, but mine gets crazy raspy at higher rpm's

Old 04-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by losinov
My buddy just ordered the same headers you have from toddco, did you get yours pretty quickly? The guys over at toddco trustworthy? Also, curious how you rigged up your ss exhaust? truck sounds great!

Todd seem like he was on the up and up. He shippied them usps so it took some time...but it also made shipping much cheaper.

once the headers were in the disco went to a custom exhuast shop, the built custom y pipes with a magnaflow hi flow cat on each pipe then a 2-1 magnaflow muffler then routed out the back with the dual tip. its 2.5" front to back.

and Thanks! I love it too..

Old 04-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by jbm6287
instg8r, nice to see another gold/chrome rover, if you only had the chrome A bar, we would be twins. You should loose the air dam though, if you dont remove it nature will. Sounds great too, i run flowmaster super 40's with no cats, sounds pretty close to that, but mine gets crazy raspy at higher rpm's

Thanks. Im going to try and keep the air damn as long as possible...as I like the way it looks. Or I might just remove it when I go offroad and install it when Im done. I think the rover v8's sound great opened up

Quick Reply: fixed my cdl and went offroad