Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

glass=bulletproof....not

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glass=bulletproof....not

So I had my old front bumper in the back over my seats and was taking it to the scrapyard and it shifted on a bump causing my rear door glass to shatter.....

Anyone have any suggestions on replacement? I called a glass company and they quotes $286.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

While you're at the scrapyard check if they have rear glass for a disco

Old 11-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I saw a guy with a full size Dodge van with the single barn door load a push mower into the back of the van, closed the door of the van and "BAM!!!!", shattered glass all over his driveway with his jaw on the ground and a WTH?? look on his face, I laughed my @ss off.

Do you have glass coverage?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Temporary plexiglass. You know you have always admired diamond plate...

Salvage yard or a dismantler (shipping will be up there). Probably has the heat strips as well.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why didn't you just put the seats down?

Old 11-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets see a picture. No offense but I think this is a little funny..... Next time, make sure you put the seats down...... OR strap it to a roof rack and put it on the roof depending on how much it weights..........
Spike:
I saw a guy in a van put a lawn mower in the van, speed off and the lawn mower come flying through the back glass... I also laughed my a$$ off, and pointed....

Old 11-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Mudding

I had so much scrap that's just what went on top. And yep to the heat strips. No glass coverage so im probably just gonna pay outta pocket.....but it brings me one step closer to the 3door conversion I've been wanting to do

Old 11-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When hauling scrap, it is best to place large heavy items on the bottom of the pile.

Seats unbolt rather easily as well increasing the haulability factor significantly.

To help pay for the replacement, pick up lots more scrap on the evening before trash is picked up. To increase profitability, separate copper and aluminum from other scrap for best return on the scrap. If you do the three door replacement, sell the old rear door at the aluminum rate.

I enjoy picking up scrap and deconstructing it to base materials. Discoveries make great Dumpster Divers as well. You can pull right up beside a dumpster if you have the rear mounted ladder and use it for improved diveability. I do not have a rear ladder, so I carry the top section of my aluminum folder ladder to gain easy access to dumpsters.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Mudding

Ill post some pictures when I get home today. And junk yards within 50mi never have rovers. So im either gonna get a new window. Or weld it up

Old 11-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Plywood works pretty nice. Diamond plate would look better. Cardboard and duct tape will suffice.

Quick Reply: glass=bulletproof....not