Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Guys, I need help. Please don't flame me :O

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 16 and dumb guys. I know I will mistreat the 240, and I no I will NEVER mistreat the Lady Claire. Yeah I have more resources on the Honda/Nissan/Toyota side than Land Rover (my whole family races and my uncle drifts professionally and he owns 4 of them (240's) haha). This LR business has been a huge learning experience, and yeah I have fallen for her. But I can't help but want to go faster and maybe slide without the sick feeling of almost flipping over. I found a '93 240sx everything works minus the A/C which is how Claire is. It needs paint for sure and maybe some wheels because spray painted stock ones are a no go for me. Claire has been a trip that's for sure, I honestly would trust her to get me from Tupelo all the way to Houston, TX. When I first got her I was afraid to go to school.... And yeah I know ALLL about those speed bumps, we called them bumper breakers in Houston haha. I had a '95 Integra LS to GSR swap on skunk 2 suspension and full exhaust. Engine was rebuilt and we were going to turbo it but I liked the N/A feel. 18" konig wheels all around. Championship white for show, and a sick sound system. Plus 2 10" kicker Solo Barics the classic ones..wayyy back when. It's just frustrating. I like how Claire is comfortable, how she can fit all my friends in a one vehicle, and how she can pretty much go anywhere. But I also like to get to 60 in less that 14 seconds.. and maybe show off. Idk guys, I'm going to see if I can keep Claire, and save $2k for the 240 that I can keep in the garage and work on till I graduate from High School.. lol.

Last edited by calebbo; 06-01-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Pro Wrench

Yeah, the rivets are the bane of my existence. Hence i miss the simplicity of pulling off 3 plastic panels to get to almost anything in my Teggy haha.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

keep her buddy. Keep her and save for a 240. trust me. i had the choice, a disco or a s2000. i picked the disco. and love every minute of it. But im still saving for the s2000

Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
I say that if you can recover from 4 GRAND from Clarabell, KISS THE FAT COW GOODBYE.

GRAB THAT 240 WHILE YOU CAN, ENJOY IT WHILE YOU ARE YOUNG MY FRIEND. YOU DO NOT GET MUCH SNOW IN TUPELO, GOT NO FAMILY OF YOUNG KIDS TO HAUL AROUND, DO NOT LIKE THE MUD SO WHY KEEP CLAIRE NOW. YOU CAN ALAYS GRAB ANOTHER ONE LATER .....

I HAD A 79 DATSUN 280ZX 2+2. BACK WHEN THEY WERE CALLED DATSUN, BOY WHAT A BADASS AND BEAUTIFUL BODY DESIGN, EXCELLENT CRUISING. FORGET DRIFTING, ENJOY IT AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE A ROAD CAR. WINDING CURVES, LONG STRAIGHTAWAYS, INTERSTATES, OR JUST HANGING OUT AT THE BEACH.

IF YOU GET 4 GRAND FOR CLAIRE, YOU DONE FINE BOY.

EDIT: Just drill the rivets out! I TOLD HIM THAT MONTHS AGO. HE SAYS HE KNOWS HOW TO USE A DRILL. I EVEN SUGGESTED A SHARP CENTER PUNCH AND GOOD BITS, BUT WE SEE HOW FAR HE GOT WITH THAT...........

BUY THE 240, KISS THE COW GOODBYE. THAR'S PLENTY MORE COWS IN THE PASTURE YOUNG BULL!
I can't tell whether you're being serious as a heart attack or as serious as me saying "I'll clean my room".

Originally Posted by turf63
Btw, I'll take all the measurements and pictures of the sub box you want. I'll walk you through the build, but I'm not wasting my time if your gonna ditch the rover anyway. Let me know what you wanna do. I/we are here to help if/when you need it.
Yeah, i'd like that, does it take the place of the jump seats? I forgot where you said you had it.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

If I'm not too busy illtry and take some photos tonight when I get home. While I take that video of my new exhaust note. Regardless I'll get it all to you.
How long ago is WAAAYYYYYY back when, when you're sixteen years old?

Old 06-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know, challenge anyone at your school to a race. They'll say "any place, any time", and you say "okay, we start by crossing this river and driving up the embankment on the other side."

You CAN drive a Rover and get your racing fix. LOL. If you love the Rover, don't sell it. If you can't afford fuel but still love the Rover, get a mountain bike and cut your driving in half. If you don't love it, do sell it, you'll be happy with a Nissan. But, as a long-time Nissan owner, I can tell you they need maintenance also. Only difference really is parts are cheaper.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

seriously, I would flip the Rover to theguy for 4 grand and grab the 240. There's a lot of Disco's available every week. And you will know what to llok for on your next Rover.

If you do both, that's cool, if not go with the one that you can afford to drive the most, you are young, go for it!!!!

Last edited by Danny Lee 97 Disco; 06-01-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed, come to think of it if someone offered me 4 grand for my Disco I'd hand them the keys and smile. In fact, I almost sold it when someone offered me $3100 but the dude flaked out. But then I would have driven to Boise or SLC where they have more Rovers (compared to SE Idaho) and bought a nicer Disco in the blink of an eye...

Old 06-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's what I am saying, don't give it away but if you can get 4 grand, what's holding you back? Unless you paid a lot more, even so..........

I know where a guy has a runner and a parts truck for 2 grand.

Calebobo: I saw some awesome step drill bits in the Harbor Freight Circular. Those rivets should not be winning the battle, but they seem to be beating you like the proverbial Govt Mule.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:46 PM
TReK
Received 472 Likes on 389 Posts

Sell it before its too late. If you want another, you'll be that much better educated when buying it.

Quick Reply: Guys, I need help. Please don't flame me :O