Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Guys, I need help. Please don't flame me :O

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, but is pulling the entire thing out and replacing all the small things a pain? I can probably set aside a week to work on this if I need to. But I don't think just cleaning the top will help..it's nasty.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I started at the top and worked my way down. Thje little unit at the top unbolts. The linkage was a pain to unco and replace all the little clevis pins and retaining clips, but mine was severely rusted. I replaced all but that u shaped piece connecting to the bottom and the other u shaped link.

But the bottom line is the rotation of the selcetor tab is what locks and unlocks the center diff by moving a yoke inside the diff.

I was even thinking that you could completely disconnect the linkage from that selector tab and rig a separate linkage of some sort to just move the selector making it independent od the Hi Low shifter function. Does your Hi/Low work?

Did you look at the pics in my link. There are tons of pics on the CDL, that is the majority of what is there.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay so I get break it down from the top down, but when I RAVE it I can never find what I am looking for. All I get is how to reach it, I'll look again because I'm probably missing it. Yes my Hi and Low work, but I can't shift left to Hi and Low locked. And no I haven't really cleaned it yet. I've been working non-stop and the days I don't I have church. Tmr is a free day, wanna help me out? haha