Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Halp asap, is this bearing replaceable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default FINAL RESPONSE FROM ME... Closure with no hard feelings

Thank God this thread is coming to a close and I am glad Garrett was able to get the help he needed. Still surprised at the attidude you took with me though. You are the one who undertook a job and didn't know what parts you were removing to accomplish that job... I am at fault for not spending more of my own time to give you better assistance (identify a part correctly) when you were unable to do it yourself. We both screwed up. In Vegas this is called a push... next...

Originally Posted by Garrett
Can't you just give me the damn part number instead of the generic "search"? Would it be that hard?
That's what I got for trying to help someone who was obviously unable to help himself? I tell you to "search" and you become unnecessarily belligerent about it. You pulled apart your hub and swivel housing... silly me for assuming you might either know what you were doing or at LEAST have the Workshop Manual and read it... It seems to me this whole thing is waste of our time.

HOWEVER, Garrett, just so you know what kind of man I am, if I found you stuck on a trail and I even knew it was you after all this crap, I would still stop to help you any way I could. That is who I am. So, in all sincerity, good luck with your drivetrain.

And Tom...

Originally Posted by antichrist
Just to set the record straight....
... I absolutely don't need you to clarify anything for me. I was there. Keep your comments to yourself as I will always fight my own battles my way. When I make a mistake I OWN UP TO IT! You seem like a good guy with good knowledge. You should know better than to jump into an idiotic discussion which does not involve you. Simply supply the PN or whatever knowledge you have that is pertinent and back away.

Thanks

Old 12-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic88
... I absolutely don't need you to clarify anything for me. I was there.
Are you sure?
You were blaming him for making a mistake when in fact you were the one who did, by saying the stub axle was a hub. You also blamed him for not searching the forum to find a part number that wasn't identified anywhere here until I posted it earlier today.
Even now you're blaming him.

Maybe I'm dense, but I just don't see how it's a faux paux for him to ask if the bearing is replaceable in the stub axle he removed and what the National PN is for the bearing if it is replaceable.

His only mistake that I saw was in getting testy when told to search for information that didn't exist.

The reason I spoke up was because I don't like seeing someone having blame laid on them when someone misread their question.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
Are you sure?
Quite sure.

You should read the words... I took blame for my error. Do you think pulling apart your hubs with no idea what the parts are is a good idea? That, along with his crap attitude, is his fault.

Originally Posted by Cosmic88
You are the one who undertook a job and didn't know what parts you were removing to accomplish that job... I am at fault for not spending more of my own time to give you better assistance (identify a part correctly) when you were unable to do it yourself. We both screwed up.

Last edited by Cosmic88; 12-08-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

This thread is closed.
Move on guys, its getting to heated and thats not who we are over here.
We are a friendly "PG" Rover forum.