Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Halp asap, is this bearing replaceable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic88
correct... I glanced at the pic briefly and that is my fault. My fault for answering a "HELP" post while distracted at work. Had I spent an extra few seconds looking I would have given him the correct answer instead of searching the forum FOR him to get that answer. Usually I give specifics... this time I pointed in a general direction. My fault...

After he took attitude with me I looked again and realized he had ordered the wrong bearing for the stub axle. Like I said above, this could have all been easily avoided with three things. 1. I could have spent a few extra seconds looking at the pic. 2. He could have been Specific. 3. HE could have taken two f-ing seconds and looked for himself after he realized HIS mistake.

This is boring...
I didn't order the wrong bearing. I needed the A37 for the outer bearing anyway. I didn't type it out in case of confusion, hence why I posted a friggen picture.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

well as i said earlier here is the dealer part# LRV063120

Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
well as i said earlier here is the dealer part# LRV063120
I forgot to thank you, I will call them and just ask right for that part number. Thanks!

Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Garrett
I forgot to thank you, I will call them and just ask right for that part number. Thanks!
Sometimes the dealers list the wrong PN, so I'd also tell them it's the needle roller bearing for a front stub axle. Gives them two chances to get it right.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Mudding

I gave them the part number and the description and I got "We've never heard of it"

Awesome.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Baja

LMAO
Sorry, couldn't help it.
Don't feel bad, when I call the dealership in 2004 or so and asked what they charge to replace a clutch, they said Land Rovers never had manual gearboxes. LOL

Where are you located?

Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Mudding

Massachusetts.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Baja

Oh....give Trevor at Rovafarm a call, I'm sure he can overnight you one. Heck, priority mail should get to you the next day I would think. (Not sure I'd trust IMC when in a time crunch, but I've never dealt with them)

I had you mixed up with someone else, thought you were near Atlanta as I have a good used on on the shelf I'd lend you.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Garrett
Can't you just give me the damn part number instead of the generic "search"? Would it be that hard?
Well... lets think about it.

If this number is very easy to find, then you can find number by your self. If it easy to find, and you have not done it yet, then you may be stupid or lazy, which is not our problem and we do not need to have any special considerations for you.

If this number is hard to find, then I consider that you would at least request it in a good way.

Another fact that you must also consider is that this forum is free, and there is a lot of people that can help you for free, and since you are not a customer, we can easily can send you to a place that can not be mentioned here due to the respect that the other members deserve.

Good luck!

Old 12-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Mudding

What the hell else should I tell the parts monkey? I can't really describe it any better short of bringing in the damn stub axle.

Quick Reply: Halp asap, is this bearing replaceable?