Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Headlining question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Headlining question

What holds the headliner to the metal roof? Is there clips or fasteners or is should it be glued? It's held around the perimeter by the bodyside trim casing and grab handles. It's held by the sunvisor pocket at the front, but what holds it up in the center between the sunroofs? The sunroof finishers don't exactly grip it very tight.

Any suggestions on what I should do to keep it from sagging in the center between the sunroofs? It's the whole shebang that sags, not just the cover fabric.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...ep-step-33276/

I'm not sure if you've come across this write up, but it may gi e you a better idea of what's going on behind the scenes.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The backing is fairly sturdy so it holds shape with the roof, sounds like it has gotten wet and is broken.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The center of the headliner is held up by a bracket and screw that is behind the rear dome light. Once you pry the light out you can see it. Its a plastic bracket and the screw is very small so dont loose it. If you try to muscle this out without taking the screw out and the plastic breaks your headliner will sag and even worse vibrate against the top (giving your rear passengers fits). Take your time and make sure you take this screw out if you remove the headliner. You'll be glad you did.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes The screw is behind the rear sunroof switch. I found it yesterday and was going to post... thanks for taking the trouble to post the answer!

Obviously the screw was missing on mine... it's much better now.