Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

I love my Disco!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I love my Disco!

Well on the way home yesterday I decided to do a little exploring...probably not the best idea since it has been raining for the past week or so and it was late in the evening and darkness was approaching and I was alone. Well to get to the point I came across what looked like a mild rutted muddy patch and didn't think anything of it until it was too late. I thought I was for sure stuck but the old Rover pulled through once again and I narrowly avoided a unpleasant situation. Now she just needs a good bath.

Name:  Photo-0063.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  87.3 KB
there was actually a creek running through the middle of the ruts on the far end that I didn't see until I was sitting in the middle of it with the tires spinning tryin to climb out of the creek bed

Name:  Photo-0065.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  50.6 KB
Name:  Photo-0064.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  54.0 KB
I think I like her better dirty

Old 03-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

meee toooo

Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who cares about an "I love my Disco" post ? The dirt people want to read about is problems, problems and what a piece of crap these things are. One of the few, the proud. ;^)

Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Pro Wrench

hahaha, well it has a never ending CEL, had the fuel pump replaced, the rear sun roof leaks, opens but wont close, somewhere on the drivers door leaks bc the floorboard is wet after it rains, the steering box leaks, the valley pan gasket leaks (im sure thats not the only oil leak), the transfer case seeps, and both rear windows had to be repaired...is that better, lol. but for all those problems that i fixed myself for very little money or choose to ignore it still runs like a champ. payed 400 for the truck as a utility/fun vehicle and it is serving its purpose very well. had i payed 2500 for the truck im sure id be singing a different tune.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:52 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by CUpgt
Well on the way home yesterday I decided to do a little exploring...probably not the best idea since it has been raining for the past week or so and it was late in the evening and darkness was approaching and I was alone. Well to get to the point I came across what looked like a mild rutted muddy patch and didn't think anything of it until it was too late. I thought I was for sure stuck but the old Rover pulled through once again and I narrowly avoided a unpleasant situation. Now she just needs a good bath.

there was actually a creek running through the middle of the ruts on the far end that I didn't see until I was sitting in the middle of it with the tires spinning tryin to climb out of the creek bed

I think I like her better dirty

Amen brother

Old 03-31-2011, 10:51 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I love my disco too...

and I think my wife is getting jealous. It's a blast to drive everywhere and goes anywhere(at least anywhere I can drive). I like the added feature of a light on the dash to remind me to make sure my engine is still under the hood...did Land Rover have a problem in the past with engines disappearing...?

Old 03-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
and I think my wife is getting jealous. It's a blast to drive everywhere and goes anywhere(at least anywhere I can drive). I like the added feature of a light on the dash to remind me to make sure my engine is still under the hood...did Land Rover have a problem in the past with engines disappearing...?
I keep telling myself that I'm gonna track down the source of the CEL and get it fixed but I think that's a pipe dream. Every time I start to get motivated to check it out I end up saying "To hell with it! It runs great" lol

Old 03-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Rock Crawling

Ha, Its always good to have a buddy who has a big *** lifted diesel truck, Its saved my a** a couple times!