Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Immobilizer by pass when spider box is not present

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 03:35 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didn't work for me , it stopped the truck form turning over at all , mine still won't start all it does is turn over i don't have the imobliser key on the dash ether....

Old 07-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

I think if you read through this again it also says you need to do something with a wire above the tumbler on the steering column, difinitly need to do the exact wires I am unsure if the stick vs auto makes a difference

or this

This will only work if the theft alarm has previously been configured to use passive (starter disable) immobilization only. If active immobilization (ECU disable) is configured, your truck may turn over, but not start.

These options can be set with Testbook, Hawkeye or Black Box scan tools. I used the Hawkeye myself.

Last edited by TOM R; 07-20-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:39 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your fuel pump relay. Also the wires for your starter and relay for the pump are located on the back of the key swith. Take your test light and check on the back of the switch and see if you are getting power when the switch is made.

On another note I do not known if this will help or not. I have got another rover running with this problem. BMW many years ago put part of the security sysetm threw the A/C control head unit in the dash. The a/c went out in another rover and then the next day the truck would not start so I started pulling the radio a/c controls out and found the plug on the back of the a/c control was burnt and cracked and part of the wires had fallin out. The same black and orange wire that I cut on the security box was one of the wires that fell out of the plug. I spliced in the new plug to the old loomp plugged up the a/c and radio then the rover cranked back up and alarm light was gone. Just an Idea I will try some thing diffrent today to help you out but first please send me the conditions your rover is in how it died and what happened to cause and where your at on the fix.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:59 AM
4wd Low

Thanks , here's my thred https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...t-start-60582/ I think it maybe the coil so I've ordered a new one

Old 08-23-2017, 01:06 PM
4th Gear

I'm about to go try this out.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:57 PM
4th Gear

Thanks so much. I have a 98 that was screwed. Found the box, spliced the wires and boom she runs

Old 08-24-2017, 09:30 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

I'm curious, Brentrhodes and 96Rover. Where are you located? Are you in the US or UK?

Old 09-12-2019, 10:56 PM
2nd Gear
Default Tried it....

Disco 1 1998 V8. Dam, I've installed an immobilizer bypass plug, tried the cunning wire thing...all to no avail. Red light still on, car with key light comes on still, only a click from under passenger side but no starting or turning over...dead. I have no fob, just a key. Got the eka from original dealer...doesn't work. I might try buying a cheap scanner. I read somewhere standard obd ll units work on the security stuff. I swear I'm not trying to steal my own car....any ideas?

Old 09-18-2019, 11:13 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by clipartist
Disco 1 1998 V8. Dam, I've installed an immobilizer bypass plug, tried the cunning wire thing...all to no avail. Red light still on, car with key light comes on still, only a click from under passenger side but no starting or turning over...dead. I have no fob, just a key. Got the eka from original dealer...doesn't work. I might try buying a cheap scanner. I read somewhere standard obd ll units work on the security stuff. I swear I'm not trying to steal my own car....any ideas?
Standard OBD2 readers DO NOT work on the 10AS Alarm, you need something more in-depth.
You can disable the immobilizer with some of the more advanced programmers.

Check your fuses, the IMMO can enable if your fuse for the lights is blow (I had this recently where i shorted out the turn signals on accident and the blown fuse cause the car to set the alarm and after replacing the fuse it resolved itself with a lock and unlock)

Shoot me a PM if you need some more assistance. I dont check the forums often, but i get emails when i get a PM.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:59 PM
2nd Gear

i still can't understand how the immobiliser is causing a problem when it has been cancelled by removing the connecting plug from the unit and replacing with a bypass loop plug (a landrover part) - the red warning light and 'car with key light are still showing there is a problem from the immobiliser.
That's why I am thinking a car scanner is required to delete the 'warning signal' from the car brain entirely.
Your comments about the lights causing an issue ring a bell. The rear brake lights are stuck on, and the abs light is stuck on.
I see two options
1. get car scanner that talks with disco 1 to remove warnings (DTC's).
2. getting a mechanic to install a separate start button that 'hotwires' the car rather than using all the standard ignition circuits.

Quick Reply: Immobilizer by pass when spider box is not present