Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Juddering on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Glad you got it sorted with no expense to you, but....Wow!
Was the a garage that works on Rovers a lot? The propshaft bolt holes are further apart in one direction than the other, so the only way they could have messed it up by a 1/4 turn is as Pedronz suggested, by taking the propshaft apart at the splines.
That's why I'm curious if they were a Rover shop, as they should certainly know better. Actually and shop should know better than to take a propshaft apart for no reason.

I wonder if it was an accident, car on lift, disconnect from diff, let propshaft droop, then it slid apart while they were working on the seal, so they just guessed how it went back together.

Anyway, all's well as ends better, as Sam's gaffer used to say.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say usually they are brilliant and very good with landys they work on alot of friends motors, must have been an off day, not going to hold it against them as they are the best garage ive used for a long time and not funny with women, the amount of comments and sarcasm I got from other garages used to drive me mad so pelased its all sorted.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Helen20
I have to say usually they are brilliant and very good with landys they work on alot of friends motors, must have been an off day, not going to hold it against them as they are the best garage ive used for a long time and not funny with women, the amount of comments and sarcasm I got from other garages used to drive me mad so pelased its all sorted.

any outfit that listens and deals with issues they create is one worth going to

Pedronz

Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Helen20
Ah, sounds like worth sticking with then. If they've always been good then you're right to put it down as "anyone can make a mistake." Luckily it was minor and they made good on it.
Some places likely would have tried to use it as an opportunity to get more money out of you for other "repairs".