Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

Keeping my 98 Disco for the states

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:14 AM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jbriggs
Chris,

Nobody was complaining or ragging about wasting time and space on a server. Its about the content of the posts. Heed your own advice. Step back and take a breather. Then, take a pill.
I take all my pills every morning. Me thinks you might need to take yours.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris Bob, he's been started these dumb redundant posts for a few weeks now. He's all over this forum and just about every other Rover forum in the states. Typically in the D1 and Classifieds section. Most of it makes no sense and thats fine, its a little weird but whatever he's not using the guys of an ice cream truck to finger kids so I'm okay with it. What I'm not okay with was his content.

"I tried real hard to negotiate with other Landy owners regarding making payments but that did not work out. I learned that most sellers are greedy "Capitalist Pigs" all they want is money money money shoved right up their unroyal a##es!"

No sh.t guy no one is going to give you something for nothing. No one certainly won't bend over backwards for an obvious flake to make free payments. Why would they, do you go to work for free? Can I have your Rover free of and clear just because I'm a member of the community?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:22 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by jacumja
Chris Bob, he's been started these dumb redundant posts for a few weeks now. He's all over this forum and just about every other Rover forum in the states. Typically in the D1 and Classifieds section. Most of it makes no sense and thats fine, its a little weird but whatever he's not using the guys of an ice cream truck to finger kids so I'm okay with it. What I'm not okay with was his content.

"I tried real hard to negotiate with other Landy owners regarding making payments but that did not work out. I learned that most sellers are greedy "Capitalist Pigs" all they want is money money money shoved right up their unroyal a##es!"

No sh.t guy no one is going to give you something for nothing. No one certainly won't bend over backwards for an obvious flake to make free payments. Why would they, do you go to work for free? Can I have your Rover free of and clear just because I'm a member of the community?
I don't disagree with you guys regarding the afore mentioned 'stuff'. I just hate to see someone get slammed publicly because he's over zealous and under experienced.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Mudding

Completely misunderstood again, he's more than experienced. I can't tackle half of the things he's repairs on his rig he wants to offload? Like I said his content is offensive.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Banned

Thanks Chris-Bob for being the mature moderator here
I'll make this short and honest:
1.) I'm only 23! Plenty of energy and excitement still runs through my veins.
2.) I'm educated in politics and I have my views like everyone else.
3.) I only have 2 forum accounts: landroverforums & landroversonly so please get the facts straight.
4.) I do a lot of work on my rover, but I'm still learning all the ropes. I ask a lot of good questions because the only stupid question is the one never asked! And I want to do the job right the first time.
5) I'm here because I look up to senior rover owners and enthusiasts!
6.) If something I say offends you, then polity let me know and I WILL reframe my actions! Or you can always ignore my posts.
7.) I've seen a lot of newbies and ameture sellers get royaly slammed on this sight! Pure rudeness, but it happens.
8.) This is a enthusiast community forum. We ask for help, we help, we share stories and we trade products and services... That's what I like and that's why I'm still here! If you don't like it then perhaps your on the wrong website.

Conclusion: I did not realize my comments were so offensive, I did assume most members on here were hillbillys and redneck country folks who cared not about politics.(I don't mean this in a bad way) nevertheless ill watch what I say in all future posts. But we all have to work together if we are going to keep this forum going! Yes in the past I tried selling my rover but I had good reason, the worst you can do is say no! No big deal and no hard feelings.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Rock Crawling
Default just one man's opinion...

But, I think you are pretty accurate regarding most of the people on this forum - except for the fact that most of the interactions I have had with members here have resulted in me seeing DEEP political feelings.
And their affiliations are a direct result of the members being "redneck hillbillies" - and the FACT that it is them, and their families who are the first to volunteer to defend EVERY @$$hole's right to say whatever they want.

Clearly, at least ONE member had no interest in a "comentary" post, and more than a little jealousy that you have been able to accomplish things that they have not.

At the end of the day, I still think it comes down to our biggest enemy - perception, not reality.

You were percieved as arrogant, or offensive because you didn't appear to value your rig as much as somebody felt you should.

I have seen a LOT of people venting their half baked, ridiculous opinions and fly off the handle and make complete @$$es out of themselves because they LOST their perspective.

The perception is that our rigs rule our lives, and, if it were anywhere close to "accepptable", we would entertain them way more intimatley than is healthy.
The REALITY is that they are metal machines, all with their own "personalities", just like us - and while we are all very proud of what we have done with them (Ok, some a LOT more than others), and enjoy wheeling them, they are still just the best mode of transportation that allow like minded individuals to make it to places that the weak dare not even contemplate.

The moral is only this - don't let somebody else alter YOUR "personality" on this forum. I know you said your a well educated 23year old - but it's the internet. You might really be Chris Hansen....and NO, I DON'T want any cookies!!

Course - maybe its just me...

Old 05-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now we are hillbillys and rednecks? You are quite the gem.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:17 AM
TReK

I want cookies....

jbriggs, where you at? You in the BIG CITY? Just curious. I like to know where my fellow Alaskans are.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
I just hate to see someone get slammed publicly because he's over zealous and under experienced.
This!

When I got my first Rover (a 2001 Disco), I had absolutely no clue what I was getting myself into. I towed it on a dolly over 400 miles through the Appalacian Mountains with a 1999 Jeep Cherokee with a Class I hitch. You should have see the hell I caught for that

I had not the slightest idea about Rovers. I had no idea the propshafts broke off, I had no idea the electrical problems that thing had, I had no idea why the SES light was flashing. I started a million threads asking a million questions, talking about selling it, bitching and complaining, chasing misfires, chasing injector codes, getting mad when someone told me they thought my idea was stupid, etc. etc. etc.

When I had bought that DII, there was a hole in the transmission from the busted prop shaft. I patched the hole with JB Weld. As last I heard, the guy I sold it to is STILL driving it with a JB Weld patch on the transmission.

Chris hit the nail on the head. I was over zealous, under experienced, and started my fair share of pointless threads. But nobody jumped down my throat. And it's certainly not appropriate to do it here and now.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowMerchantBC
2.) I'm educated in politics

Conclusion: I did not realize my comments were so offensive, I did assume most members on here were hillbillys and redneck country folks who cared not about politics.
No your not.....

Because 1 your probably in school and untill you live in the real world you don't know squat.

You also proved you don't know squat by thinking southerners dont know anything about politics.

Your also don't know squat because you think were red necks. Uh no rednecks only drive fords and Chevys :P

You also think somehow think someone is supposed to give you a truck for next to nothing, this isn't the government make believe bs, this is real life.

And you think Country folk don't care about politics?

Do us a favor forget what you think you know about politics you were obviously taught by ones leading in the wrong direction. If country (right) folk were so stupid look at the bankrupt states and look at where the country folk live.

POINT PROVEN

Quick Reply: Keeping my 98 Disco for the states